Sun Canopy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Looking around for a sun canopy, for my Swift 530. Thought this might be a good idea rather than take my porch awning to France. Any recommendations please

G

I have one I obtained from Towsure. It is very simple and light. It also has the advantage of being quick to take down if you get a real storm in the south of France. I gave up on the porch awning as it was heavy and a b....r to put up and down as it had steel poles. It also did mark the van slightly even with pads.

I know people use the porch awnings for a bit of security as well, but I work on the principle that if someone wants to steal my BBQ or chairs etc, then a canvas awning is not going to stop them. Maybe better for things to be clearly seen by all.

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
We use a Dorema lightweight cotton sun canopy bought from Awnings Direct some years ago. We couldn't see the sense in taking a heavy awning with us when we never used the sides. It's a 3 pole affair with guy ropes, goes up & down in 10 minutes and is OK in all but very strong winds. It also provides a useful shelter when it rains! We leave table, chairs, Cadac BBQ and electric coolbox on display outside and have never had a problem.

John M

TRENDING THREADS