SunnCamp Scenic Plus awning

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are just back from our first weekend away this year.

If you ever come to Ireland,make sure and come to Tipperay

in southern Ireland.The campsite is called the Glen of Arahlow

It is a beautiful site in the Galtee mountains.We erected our Sunncamp

awning to see how it would behave in windy and wet condtions.I have

to say we were delighted with the Scenic Plus.It never let in a drop of rain

and stood the high winds very well.Great storage space for two chairs

and table.Room for wet coats and shoes. Isnt it great to be back

on the roads again

G

I have been looking at these for my new van. However, one that has caught my eye is the 'Easi Porch' from Outdoor Revolution. To my mind it offers the same lightweight (9.9 kgs) but in a more regular shape so you can get more internal space.

I have not actually gone to buy one yet, but very interested.

Jan 9, 2006
Visit site
i have just bought the scenic plus from towsure at the birmingham show good price 107 and in colors now glad to hear they cope well

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Jeff I bought an awning off Awnings Direct, a BaseCamp, which was ripped after using it 4 times. When I spoke to them the person told me it was storm damage and wouldnt listen to my reasoning so I gave up and bought a Scenic from elsewhere (lot better awning). My wife wrote a letter to Awnings Direct and I received a phone call from the Managing Director apologising for the attitude of his staff and said its not the way he does business. Because we had bought an awning elsewhere he refunded our money the next day in the post and told me if we wanted to buy anything else to ring him direct. I was very heartened because today you dont find many businesses acting this way so I would certainly buy from them in the future.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Scenic plus awning is ideal for weekends away.It can be erected in ten minutes and is the very same as a dome tent on the side of the caravan.There is no problem keeping out the rain.In windy conditions you might have to use some mastick tape to secure the awning to the side of the caravan.Last weekend we were away and i was awakened by a noise in the van.I was full sure it was a mouse in one of the lockers.To my delight it was not.It was just the heavy wind outside getting in between the side of the awning and the caravan.We just used a small bit of tape to secure the awning to the van and slept sound after. For the life span of the awning i do not know but for that kind of money 120euros it is very good value.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jeff I bought an awning off Awnings Direct, a BaseCamp, which was ripped after using it 4 times. When I spoke to them the person told me it was storm damage and wouldnt listen to my reasoning so I gave up and bought a Scenic from elsewhere (lot better awning). My wife wrote a letter to Awnings Direct and I received a phone call from the Managing Director apologising for the attitude of his staff and said its not the way he does business. Because we had bought an awning elsewhere he refunded our money the next day in the post and told me if we wanted to buy anything else to ring him direct. I was very heartened because today you dont find many businesses acting this way so I would certainly buy from them in the future.
I ripped mine first time erecting it.

Towsure took it back.

Mine was bought when they first came out so maybe got better?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts