Swift Group spare parts

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Could someone from the Swift Group please explain why I have to go to a dealer to obtain spare parts for my Sterling Europa caravan ? & give them a fairly large margin for doing nothing.

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
Nick,

The Swift Group are a manufacturer, and therefore, are not set-up to sell either our products or spare parts direct to customers.

We rely on our Dealer Network to offer our customers the support and service they require, including finding the parts (on our Super link System), offering advise on the parts, ordering the parts, processing the payment, receiving the parts and in the event of any issues, returning the parts to us.

Thanks,

Ash

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
Nick,

As before, we manufacture and assembly final products. It is not about being "bothered", but you are effectively asking The Swift Group to change our business model from a manufacturer to a retailer, and we simply cannot do this.

I cannot think of many other manufacturers that sell direct to the public, most use a distribution network of some type.

Ash

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Ash,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm not saying that the Swift group should become a retailer but almost every other manufacturer I know do provide spares directly to the customer.

Having lived near Stoke for many years, Creda were a major employer there, anyone could go to their factory spares department & get any spare.

I can even buy Alko & Thetford spare parts directly from them.

Also most of potteries had retail outlets as well as being the manufacturer.

Sorry, I still think it's a stitch-up to give money to dealers for doing nothing.

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Ash,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm not saying that the Swift group should become a retailer but almost every other manufacturer I know do provide spares directly to the customer.

Having lived near Stoke for many years, Creda were a major employer there, anyone could go to their factory spares department & get any spare.

I can even buy Alko & Thetford spare parts directly from them.

Also most of potteries had retail outlets as well as being the manufacturer.

Sorry, I still think it's a stitch-up to give money to dealers for doing nothing.
Sorry, badly worded:

can even buy Alko & Thetford spare parts directly from them.

Should have read:

can even buy Alko & Thetford spare parts directly from Alko or Thetford respectively.

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog,

Thanks

I'm waiting for a call from Swift to see if they can give me the manufacturer & part number.

I actually live in France now, so would a supplier here.

Regards

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Nick,

Without defending the practice - I agree with you! - car manufacturers won't directly sell you bits for your car either. It's not just the caravanning industry. (Though that doesn't make it right!)

Neal

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Hi Neil,

It depends upon the car manufacturer, as much as the Swift Group wish they were a Ford, (or as I am in France) Renault, Citroen or Peugeot, they don't have the dealer network of these car manufacturers, I live within 10 km of 3 Renault, 2 Peugeot & 4 Citroen dealers, who, if they don't have a part in stock can get it within 4 hours, not the 4 months Swift took for the first replacement window.

I would equate Swift to Morgan, TVR or Aston Martin of old & a customer can certainly get spare parts directly from them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts