swift pump warning light

Jan 8, 2006
Visit site
Someone out there with an 07/08 Swift Challenger.When you switch the power to the pump on which is located above the entrance door does the green LED light come on,or does it only come on when you open a tap. My dealer said that it will light all the time to show that the pump is on. why should this be I know its on because Ive switch it on, I know if its off because the pump wont work. Can you help please. J.Lo

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Jo.Lo,

Just been outside to check on my 2007 Swift Conqueror as i was in the process of draining the inboard tank after steralisation.

The pump warning light above the door is on all the time when the pump is switched on. It does not flash when pump is in use.

It is purely to let you know the switch is in the on position.

We always switdh the pump off on going out for the day. It is difficult to see the position of the switch in certain light. Very handy for my wife or anyone else who does not have good eyesite in certain lighting conditions.

Hamer

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Just to confirm, the LED is not a "warning" light but only "information" light, it illuminates when the pump circuit is live, to inform the user the pump has power, whether or not the pump is physically running. It gives the user the ability to turn the pump off, in case it disturbs the occupants during the night.

Thanks,

Ash

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Just to confirm, the LED is not a "warning" light but only "information" light, it illuminates when the pump circuit is live, to inform the user the pump has power, whether or not the pump is physically running. It gives the user the ability to turn the pump off, in case it disturbs the occupants during the night.

Thanks,

Ash
I will have to have another look when I refill the system for the new season

Jan 8, 2006
Visit site
Graham, It is a Ash at Swift says it an indication that the power is on. Just got back from a long weekend and seen a chap with the same year Challenger and he, like me cant see the point of it, if the swith is on the pump will work if the pump is not working check that the switch is on. Is this progres? J.Lo

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
It makes sense to me. Its a "pump available" light. Simple?

If you like you can have a "pump running" light.

Or a "pump off" light. I would have all three, as we did at work.

Our bailey has a three position switch, inboard,off,outboard.

So if we forget to turn the pump to off, due to the pressure system, in the middle of the night the pump can cut in.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts