SYMPTOMS OF BEING OVER 25

Jul 5, 2005
Visit site
1. You leave clubs before the end to "beat the rush" (worst still you don't go to the clubs)

2. You get more excited about having a roast on a Sunday than going clubbing the night before.

3. You stop dreaming of becoming a professional footballer / basketball player and start dreaming of having a son who might instead.

4. Before throwing the local paper away, you look through the property section.

5. All of a sudden, middle aged people are not 46, they are ONLY 46.

6. Before going out anywhere, you ask whether there is anywhere to park.

7. Rather than throw a knackered pair of trainers out, you keep them because they'll be alright for the DIY or in the garden.

8. You buy T-shirts without anything written on them.

9. Instead of laughing at the innovations catalogue that falls out of the newspapers, you suddenly see both the benefit and money saving properties of most of the things that are in it.

10. You start to worry about your parents' health.

11. You have more disposable income, but everything you want or need to buy costs between 200 and 500 quid.

12. You don't get funny looks when you buy a Disney video or a Wallace And Gromit bubble bath, as the sales assistant assumes they are for your children.

13. Pop music all starts to sound the same.

14. You opt for Pizza Express over Pizza Hut because they do a really nice half-bottle of house red.

15. You always have enough milk in.

16. To compensate for the fact that you have little desire to go clubbing, you instead frequent trendy bars and restaurants in the mistaken belief that you have not turned into your parents.

17. While flicking through the TV channels, you happen upon C4's Time Team with Tony Robinson. You get drawn in. Grand Designs also appeals.

18. The benefits of a pension scheme become clear.

19. You go out of your way to pick up a colour chart from B&Q.

20. You wish you had a shed.

21. You have a shed.

22. You actually find yourself saying "They don't make 'em like that anymore" and "I remember when there were only 4 TV channels" and "Not in my day...."

23. Radio 2 play more songs you know than Radio 1 - and Jeremy Vine has some really interesting guests on.

24. Instead of tutting at old people who take ages to get off the bus, You tut at rowdy school children.

25. When sitting outside a pub you admire their hanging baskets.

26. You find yourself saying "is it cold in here or is it just me?"

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Sorry I was going to reply but I can't remember what I was going to post.

Maybe L.B. will help me out, he seems to remember everything I post !!!!!!!!!

Val & Frank

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Sorry I was going to reply but I can't remember what I was going to post.

Maybe L.B. will help me out, he seems to remember everything I post !!!!!!!!!

Val & Frank
o.k. but at least give me a clue and name the topic Frank ... or have you forgot that too :O)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Perhaps its because I'm more than 46, but point 9 should read, You no longer laugh at the content of innovations catalogue, but you know how over expensive and ineffective innovations items are as you throw them away!

May 12, 2006
Visit site
o.k. but at least give me a clue and name the topic Frank ... or have you forgot that too :O)
Sorry L.B. what was that again ???????????

See the Janner Girl Liz is posting early today !!!! Bet she claims not to be a Janner but I think she is.

Colin should you read this that is not short for Janitor !!!!!

Val & Frank

May 12, 2006
Visit site

See the Janner Girl Liz is posting early today !!!! Bet she claims not to be a Janner but I think she is.

Val & Frank

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
hi brave fart,

you are spot on with your observations,with the exceptions of number,13 14, 17 in my case,but number23 really hit the mark.What gets me is how quick lolly is to reply ,how about a little background into the people behind the words.I understand there is a section where we introduce ourselves but if you are new to this forum ,or new to computers (like me),age location and degree of madness works well for me (i think iv already worked out lollys madness haha

jim

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
you missed a couple brave -fart

when you see a teenage looker walking down the street with her mother and you fancy the mother?

and when you get up in the morning and some part of your body dosn't work when it worked perfectly well the day before.

or is that when your over fifty.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site

Val & Frank
Not quite a Janner yet, just learning!!! Liz

May 12, 2006
Visit site
OK then Liz, Janner lessons

Lesson 1 That will be alright then my bird.

Lesson 2 Dockyard matey

Lesson 3 Never Marry Jack

Lesson 4 Don't catch the Torpoint Ferry on a Friday Night or you may fail Lesson 3.

Lesson 5 Keep away from the Spainards in Cornwall.

Val & Frank

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Thankyou Frank, I will try and learn these lessons, hope I can remember only a bit worried you have posted these lessons under symptons of being over 25, if only I knew about these symptoms earlier in life and the other thread a disorder of some kind, I am done for. Regards from the (Janner Learning)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What on earth are you lot mumbling on about? I cannot for the life of me see how I can fit into the points raised in the original posting. When I reach that age I will let you know but at present I am a mere youngster. Young at heart.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
What on earth are you lot mumbling on about? I cannot for the life of me see how I can fit into the points raised in the original posting. When I reach that age I will let you know but at present I am a mere youngster. Young at heart.
It's called fun Colin, p.s you should have been tucked up in bed.Liz

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Having passed 50 you feel there's nothing you couldn't tackle now that you did when you were 20 - except perhaps starting to raise a family again.
No, thats one thing I don't think I could cope with at my age start raising a family again, thats got to be a no,no. Liz

May 12, 2006
Visit site
John Wills "except perhaps starting to raise a family again"

A few would dispute that John, Charlie Chaplin being one !!!

Mind you we had our Grandaughter for the weekend and it's easy to see why you have children when your young !!!!!

Val & Frank

TRENDING THREADS