Tavistock C&CC site.......good value

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The van comes out tomorrow for its annual spruce and look over, with new tyres to go on it will soon be ready to take us away to nice places Because our arrangements changed I have now been able to book 7 days at the C&CC site near to Tavistock which probably has the best shower/wash cubicles anywere on the network. But the really good news was that the two extra nights are free under the 7 for 5 offer, and at £73.25 for 7 nights with EHU, hardstanding and awning I reckon it doesn't get any better...as John Torgood would say. George Osborne do you worst we will not be watching you.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Clive, we are going there next Thursday for our first visit so hope it is as good as you say
smiley-smile.gif

We are staying 4 nights, 2 nights just me and SWMBO and the other two nights daughter and grandson will join us

As you have been before what route do you take do you use the A38 and then use the A386 to Tavistock, sorry if this seems a silly question as the route planner from where I live takes me across the moors and I know that would be a challange
smiley-smile.gif

Thanks for any info
Kev

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Kev,

I tend to use the A30 from Exeter then at Sourton Down take the exit for Tavistock (A386) then straight down to Tavistock. Just as you are entering Tavistock turn left onto the B3357 (Princeton Road) which take you to the C&CC site. There is one quite narrow section but forwards visibity is okay. My alternative is A38 to Plymouth, A386 to Tavistock and at Yelverton straight on to Princeton (B3212) but when you get into Princeton don't turn left onto the B3357 Tavistock I carry straight on towards Two Bridges and join the B3357 and turn left to Tavistock. This avoids a narrow section past the prison where WVM hammers through. If you look on Google maps you will see this slight diversion around Princeton which avoids any narrow parts.
It's a beautiful area and I am sure that given good weather you will enjoy it. In Princeton The Old Police Station Cafe does good food and the Fox Tor Cafe and Bunkhouse does really good breakfasts too. Beware if you venture into Fox Tor Mire it's the only place on the Moor where I was slightly off route because of mist and finished up with my Bergen acting as a buoyancy aid....happy days!!!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Clive for spending the time to give the details,think I will take the Plymouth, Yelverton, Two Bridges route.
Will let you know how we get on, cheers
Kev

TRENDING THREADS