Tec caravan advice please

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The reply to the above question by one member has been deleted due to the manner of the content.

Opinions on what the TEC is like was asked for, not a diatribe on the country of manufacture.

May 10, 2008
Visit site
The reply to the above question by one member has been deleted due to the manner of the content.

Opinions on what the TEC is like was asked for, not a diatribe on the country of manufacture.
Thank you for that as i only wanted some honest advice and not a dig at Germany.

May 20, 2006
Visit site
I have only ever looked around one or two at my local dealers, the best way to describe them was functional.

I think they lacked warmth and appeal, they didnt feel comfortable like mine does. they seemed more wipe down friendly and clinical, i really look for a home from home when i look at vans.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I think MikeAce has summed it up quite well. Over here in Germany, T.E.C. is considered as the caravan for young, cost conscious families wanting a good quality relatively low budget caravan without any frills.

T.E.C. belongs to the Hymer Group.

Sep 16, 2007
Visit site
The first caravan we ever had was a TEC. It was brilliant. We had 3 very young kids at the time and it had the best built bunk beds I have seen in any caravan. The level of equipment was as good as any other and a great deal better than some I have seen. We have had an Abbey, a Lunar and 2 Hobbys since, and if I got the chance I would have another TEC tomorrow.

May 7, 2008
Visit site
T.E.C tourers are high quality, as are all other German caravans. Germany and Holland make in my opinion some of the best and most innotive tourers you can buy. But be careful as some of these european tourers don't come with some of your home comeforts like an oven for example. i have been in a european tourer where a battery charger and mains lights were on the options list, so ask the dealer what the caravan has and hasn't got before you buy.

the thing with German tourers is they are faultless. for example, i looked at a hymer a short while back, and i couldn't fault it! there are no issues like there are on some british tourers like sealant on show, these German tourers are beautifully finished off.

one thing to consider is the washroom. some i have been in have been in have small/no shower arrangements. i was told that tis is because the germans and Dutch use the site facilities instead, so manufacturers make the washrooms smaller to house more equiptment and living space, and if you are paying for the privilige to use the site shower block, why not use them instead?

there are so many quality european tourers to look at, all at differant age ranges, price ranges and taste ranges: Hymer, Hobby, Dethleffs, Fendt, Sterkeman, Caravelair, T.E.C, Cristal, Lunar Chateau, Eriba and Burstner just to name a few.

Whatever caravan you choose, i hope that it is the right choice and wish you many happy holidays.

Happy Caravanning!!!

TRENDING THREADS