Temporary London parking for caravans - anyone got any advice? Is it legal?

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
We're at the start of looking into whether we can park a caravan around London- for maximum of a week at a time. We're thinking at the edges of parks, public car parks, privately owned yards.

We're going to go down the 'contact the council' route but just wondered if anyone had some speedy advice to share on the legalities of parking your caravan around London - what you can and can't do.

I'll add, it's not to sleep in, so it will not be occupied at night.

Thanks

Amy

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Caravans are banned from Royal Parks and many London properties have restrictive covenants preventing the parking of caravans on the property.
If you are able to park it on public highway, it'll need full road lights every night even in lit areas.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Your best bet is to join the C&CC or CC, or both, and use their sites around London.

Park it anywhere else and it most likely will not be there when you next look for it.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
If the name on your avatar is anything to go by why not Buckingham Palace
smiley-laughing.gif

On a serious note why would you leave it at night in a strange place in a major city?

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
We're not leaving it overnight - we have a secure storage place for that. It would just be for 4-5 hours in the daytime, similar to a food van I guess? It's for an artistic project!
We know London well and are looking to parking somewhere in the boroughs of Southwark, Tower Hamlets or Hackney...

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Quote " Southwark, Tower Hamlets or Hackney.."

You couldnt have picked better boroughs could you !!!
smiley-surprised.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
lordypants said:
We're not leaving it overnight - we have a secure storage place for that. It would just be for 4-5 hours in the daytime, similar to a food van I guess? It's for an artistic project!
We know London well and are looking to parking somewhere in the boroughs of Southwark, Tower Hamlets or Hackney...
Does the art project involve filming how long it takes to steal or strip down a caravan Lordypants?
smiley-laughing.gif

You'd have to get permission from the relevant borough council I should imagine.

TRENDING THREADS