Tesco Clubcard Vouchers

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi all, In the past we've always spent our vouchers in store. The other day we received £63 worth of vouchers and out of interest I checked out their website to see what deals are on offer. I was amazed to see that for every £2.50 in vouchers you spend you can get £10 towards P&O tickets for example. If these offers are as good as they seem we'll have our first trip to the continent next year. I'd appreciate any comments. George T.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi George

My family has the same number(we have a "mini" card on a keyring),hence we acculmulate more points, I use them for days out with the kids etc... Am also regiseterd with the mother and toddler club so get sone good deals with that,we have a fuel card for work and there is always a fight as to who fuels up as we go to tesco for the points, by far THE best points system around,enjoy your trip and safe travels

Tina x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well that's what I call a prompt response!! The reason we have a considerable sum in vouchers is that we use a Tesco credit card for everything. I certainly won't be swopping them for groceries. Thanks. George Tucker.

G

Just a side comment on Eurotunnel. They offer a 30% discount to shareholders of 1000 shares or more. As the current market price is 28p that means an outlay of

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We use our Tesco credit card for everything we possibly can and pay it off each month.

We are off to Bilbao in June with a premier cabin with the caravan, cost over

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Scotch Lad

The big difference between the Eurotunnel deal and the Tesco one is that one company is saying invest in us we're only X BILLION in debt which they can't fully service against a company which rewards you for shopping with them and actually hands back nearly

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Also meant to say to all...

Incidentally independent research has shown the best way to spend Tesco's vouchers isn't on Tesco own products but that on people like First choice holidays, P & O, RAC recovery etc where you discount is worth far more

Regards Monkeys Husband

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
We just had owner voucher as well we got the gas & the electricity from Power Gem who had point on to your club card as well so we get some thick back of them has well.

Mark

G

There is a risk to everything in this life. In 2001 I put money into Hilton Group shares just before the bottom fell out of the travel and hotel industry. The shares did nothing for about 18 months. They then increased in value during the next 3 years by a total of 160%, paid a dividend each year equivalent to a good building society rate and now are giving me a special dividend for the sale back to Hilton US. This alone will cover both our summer holiday and Xmas this year. And I still have the shares although they are now called Ladbrokes. I suspect that the shares in Eurotunnel will improve, because the French Government will make it work, so even if the discount is removed you still stand a chance to make a profit. You may also want to note that the shares have risen 62% in the last 12 months so if you had bought a year ago, you would be well ahead by now. The discount is also valid for 3 trips per year so in one year you could nearly have paid them off just through the discount. Looking at the shareholder breakdown 62% of the shares are held by private individuals in France compared with only 5% of UK individuals, which is why I suspect the French will ensure its survival. As I said there is always a risk with everything in life.

I also admit to being anti-Tesco because I saw what they did overseas. Their policy was to enter an area, usually where local stores had been for years, undercut everybody by selling at a loss until they had a monopoly, and then increase prices drastically. They also buy land to stop rivals moving in. They studied the practices of Walmart in the States and copied. You may wish to also have a look at Inverness where Tesco do now have a monopoly, and the locals are complaining against the lack of choice. In addition, Tesco, like others, I may add, tend to price certain things such as fuel, according to 'local' price structures. This means if no one is selling cheaper they jack up the price. Yes, they offer employment if you like to stack shelves for the minimum wage. If this is what you want in your own area, then so be it. Me, I like choice and i also like to support local suppliers if I can. Maybe slightly more expensive but at least I know the fruit and vegetables haven't been deep frozen for several months.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Scotchlad

Yes i agree with you Tesco are ruthless but that is buisness .. and as for the pay , they are among the best paid h g v drivers in the country..i know have driven for them for quite a few years . best move i have ever made ...

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
All very well, But I notice Lord B doesnt say what benefits her ladyships gets from the "Egyptian Grocer", those Harrod's Hampers must clock up a few points and benefits ;-), probably get your own ferry if you save the points for 5 years ;-)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Smiley, I am sure Ken has pointed you in the right direstion. Also note, that it's not just P&O but Irish Ferries and Eurotunnel are there as well. These will be of particular interest to caravanners but there are many other holiday companies listed as part of the scheme. Best Wishes, George T.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
I've had a look at the Tesco deals vouchers but what happens if you have already recived club vouchers.

Also can you book P&O online and then forward the travel vouchers or must you ring and do it by phone only?

Sorry to be a dippy but I caan't find this info on Tescos website.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi everyone, I would like to add that when you use a Tesco credit card you get two points for every pound spent. Strangely, if you pay for Tesco products with the card you get just 1 point for every

TRENDING THREADS