The Ardeche. France

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

Has anybody stayed at Mondial Camping in the Ardeche?

Any comments on the site or surrounding area would be most appreciated.

Regards Nidge

May 27, 2006
Visit site
wow that sites changed since I was last there 30+ years ago....but thats not my point in writing.

Its a fantastic part of the gorge, about halfway along/down it.

The views are best seen from the river and I would strongly suggest the hire of a canoe is a heaven sent way of exploring the whole gorge.

Good luck if you go, the weather and the sheer spectacle of the sights make the stay worthwhile

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We've stayed next door at L'Ardechois. Both sites are within walking distance of Vallon Pont D'Arc - a lively holiday town, with good shops and a weekly market. Both sites are on level ground, adjacent to the river, with their own boat and swimming access to the river. The pitches at Mondial are grassy and quite large - but haven't used the 'facilities' as only been as a day visitor when my son was working for Canvas Holidays. The site looks well cared for and is popular with families. There are (or were) one or two tour operator tents (Canvas and Eurocamp I think) a couple of years ago.

The pool is near to the road (which can be quite busy). It's not large, but is clean and well kept. There are organised activities from the site.

The whole Ardeche area is super - do as John says and canoe down the gorge (we bought our own canoe as we loved it so much). Stop off by the Pont d'Arc and picnic on the sandy beaches, whilst watching others negotiate the rapids. It's also worth a trip to the Pont Du Gard which is about an hour away cross country - drop in on the Cascade du Sautadet (spectacular limestone-eroded river) on the way there or back. The whole area is lovely - try to visit La Baume, the hilltop village of Sampzon, and the village in the cliffs at Balazuc.

Have a great holiday - and a very happy New Year.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Many thanks to popup John and Valerie.

We have booked this site for 14 nights and are really looking forward to it! Then on to Provence for another 14 nights.

Have a very good and Happy New Year.

Best regards.

Nidge

May 27, 2006
Visit site
"We have booked this site for 14 nights and are really looking forward to it! Then on to Provence for another 14 nights."

Stop it!! Stop it

A weeks canoe camping followed by a weeks waterssports in Provence used to be my ideal holiday in my 20s.

Now this GOM just sits and watches the boats drift by along English rivers.

(sad aint it?)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts