The dog's depressed

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
We've just come back from an excellent week's stay at Coed Helen CC site in North Wales and enjoyed some long overdue sunshine.
Our dog Max (pictured in my Avator after the kids put glasses on him) must have enjoyed it so much that he appears to be in a state of depression since we got back.
smiley-cry.gif

He spent all day yesterday either in the back of my estate car or in the van whilst we unpacked and cleaned it ready for our next trip. He dug his heels in when we tried a number of times to get him into the house. Took him for a walk before going to work this morning and he stopped outside the car and didn't want to go any further, same again tonight.
It would appear that it is not just us humans that enjoy being away in the van for a break. Only three more weeks before we are off again, but I don't want to get him too excited by telling him!!
smiley-laughing.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Big S, mine is the complete opposite, he hates car's or my van, I have to pick him up and physically put him in
smiley-undecided.gif

Once he is in though he seems OK, all other one's before, like yours coudl'nt wait to get in.
Mind you he is getting quite big and heavy now and just today I ordered him a ramp, so the plan is to put some treats on the ramp and start to coax him in. But he does love the caravan, weird dog.

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
hello,

We have 4 dogs and at first 2 would not get out of the car when we got home and when we started packing upto go again they would jump in the car and refuse to budge, now its 3 of them doing it once home they sulk like mad and keep watching and waiting till they see signs of us packing up again then again they all jump in the car and wont move until we get to our destination. Shows dogs love caravanning to.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Having returned Sunday, both now want to be out all the time and were most disgruntled when they had to be left for an hour yesterday while I went to get the means to fill the fridge!

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
just got home from our caravan seasonal pitch, and once again the dogs are sulking already at being home. They dont know of course that we are only home for a few days. The oldest dog ( 14) is the main one sulking for britain he can, the next is (7 ) she know wont come from under our bed and will stay there until we leave again apart from when my hubby makes her come out for the usual, next another one at 7 keeps going to the car and looking for signs of packing up. Just like us our dogs love their caravanning and would live in it if possible. All this and we,ve only been home 3hrs.

AKA

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi all

my wee westie Toby cant go the lenght of the street in the car without the excessive licking etc, within 5 miles he is sick!!!!!!!!!!
However stick a caravan on the back and hay presto what do you know he is right as rain!!! will run and jump into the car as long as the caravan in hitched. Unhitched backside is firmly glued to the tarmac..
Too smart for his own good, and he loves the van, and his own wee "in under" den that he claimed from day one(this being the wee hidy hole that is created with the side dinette down, and will sleep there all night on guard, but only again if you pull the ruddy curtains
smiley-laughing.gif

what they like lollie xxx

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts