The JOYS of Caravaning

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
So on Thursday we were collecting The Crusader from the dealer after some warranty work.
Bear in mind the dealer is located with a large site next to it.

We arrived at approx 4.00pm,went to the sales area to collect the spare keys, they reported all work done and van is now waiting for us on the pitch.

So pop off to reception to book in, all confirmed and them also stating the van is on the pitch.

Go to pitch...................NO VAN !!!!!!!

Back to sales, asking where is my van, I'll chase it up and get it sorted they say. go back to pitch and sit in the sunshine they say, so we did.

Van arrived approx 4.30pm, told the driver to plonk it on pitch (hardstanding) and I will sort with mover as I find it easier when fitting alko lock.
(delivery driver disappears.)

Oh no the battery is flat, ah well never mind will plug in mains have a cup of tea and charge battery hoping and praying I will get enough amps to use the mover, meter read 7.2amps.

Plug into mains and hey presto.......................................no power!!!
Went into van and saw two 12v spotlights and the radio on, we never use the radio !!!
check bollard all ok, now losing my marbles panicking, time is 4.45 and the engineers all finish at 5.00, back to sales in a blind panic.

will send someone over to you they say, so on my way back I got thinking about the no mains power, check the internal trip switch, which I did when I returned and flicked it up !! problem solved.
Engineer turns up just as I was about to hook up to get it sorted on the pitch,so we agreed he would use his landrover, got it set in record time with alko lock on.
Next job would be simple, connect water to serviced pitch, tap so far away, 2nd spare hose required then connected to aquaroll, this is going good now.................................go into van to run water, no pump!!! Scratching head, get manual out read instructions again and again, no use to me!!!
Had a lightening moment ,check connections on pump, rub down with emery paper and hey presto running water.

Now the waste pipe, yep you guessed it extra pipe and connectors required had pipe, but missing one connector , so bodge job but usable.
(new connector purchased next day)

Here goes ...now for the gas, turn on bottle, check rings on cooker........NO GAS, change bottle, still no gas. check valves, get manual out again,
the engineers rightfully turned them off when removing fridge to do the repair. Turn on and we have gas!!

Its now nearly 7.00pm, new awning can wait until tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!! I need a pint and something to eat. Off to the bar.

Return from bar and go to put door into the catch to keep it open, OH NO, its broken!!

Ive had enough by now, head in fridge get a beer.

Dont ask about the awning next day, van to far back on the tarmac hardstanding so cant put rear pegs in.!!! But it worked with the good weather and no wind to speak of.

Door catch replaced next day under warranty.

So to cap it all.

No Van
No battery power
No Mains electric
No water
No gas
No connector for waste pipe
No door Catch

But the proud thing is.............................................. the Woosie pot gave me no problems, fully relieved.

Looking forward to our next outing, when ever that will be possible, who knows, hospital appointments now pending.

OH THE JOYS OF CARAVANING, get out there and enjoy folks.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
So on Thursday we were collecting The Crusader from the dealer after some warranty work.

We arrived at approx 4.00pm,went to the sales area to collect the spare keys, they reported all work done and van is now waiting for us on the pitch.

So pop off to reception to book in, all confirmed and them also stating the van is on the pitch.

Back to sales, asking where is my van, I'll chase it up and get it sorted they say. go back to pitch and sit in the sunshine they say, so we did.

Van arrived approx 4.30pm, told the driver to plonk it on pitch (hardstanding) and I will sort with mover as I find it easier when fitting alko lock.

Oh no the battery is flat, ah well never mind will plug in mains have a cup of tea and charge battery hoping and praying I will get enough amps to use the mover, meter read 7.2amps.

Plug into mains and hey presto.......................................no power!!!
Went into van and saw two 12v spotlights and the radio on, we never use the radio !!!
check bollard all ok, now losing my marbles panicking, time is 4.45 and the engineers all finish at 5.00, back to sales in a blind panic.

will send someone over to you they say, so on my way back I got thinking about the no mains power, check the internal trip switch, which I did when I returned and flicked it up !! problem solved.
Engineer turns up just as I was about to hook up to get it sorted on the pitch,so we agreed he would use his landrover, got it set in record time with alko lock on.
Next job would be simple, connect water to serviced pitch, tap so far away, 2nd spare hose required then connected to aquaroll, this is going good now.................................go into van to run water, no pump!!! Scratching head, get manual out read instructions again and again, no use to me!!!
Had a lightening moment ,check connections on pump, rub down with emery paper and hey presto running water.

Now the waste pipe, yep you guessed it extra pipe and connectors required had pipe, but missing one connector , so bodge job but usable.

Here goes ...now for the gas, turn on bottle, check rings on cooker........NO GAS, change bottle, still no gas. check valves, get manual out again,
the engineers rightfully turned them off when removing fridge to do the repair. Turn on and we have gas!!

Its now nearly 7.00pm, new awning can wait until tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!! I need a pint and something to eat. Off to the bar.

Return from bar and go to put door into the catch to keep it open, OH NO, its broken!!

Dont ask about the awning next day, van to far back on the tarmac hardstanding so cant put rear pegs in.!!! But it worked with the good weather and no wind to speak of.

So to cap it all.

No Van
No battery power
No Mains electric
No water
No gas
No door Catch

But the proud thing is.............................................. the Woosie pot gave me no problems, fully relieved.

Looking forward to our next outing, when ever that will be possible, who knows, hospital appointments now pending.

Thanks for the review, I'm happy that you made a poor experience light hearted, Good on you Kev (y)👏👏👏

Reactions: Gagakev
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Good one Kev, never a dull moment, with all that lot you have truley renewed your Woosie membership for another year. 😂😂😂

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

So to cap it all.

No Van
No battery power
No Mains electric
No water
No gas
No door Catch

Hi Kev love reading your review but apart from that did you have a nice time and hope your hospital appointment is okay

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Ours was serviced on Thursday. Told about 4.30 that it was ready. They had found a small leak on the regulator and the gas pipe was out of date (I knew that) and they had replaced them. No damp which is always my main concern and after a short trip their from home I picked it up and returned it to the storage. I then found the motor mover would not work and it took me sometime to find out the problem, they had checked it and left it switched on, it then switches itself off after 15 minutes and once I reset it away we went. I could have done with out wondering why the mover would not work but otherwise no problem.
Had to go back again when I found for no apparent reason I had left the mirrors in the boot and the electrics on.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the review, I'm happy that you made a poor experience light hearted, Good on you Kev (y)👏👏👏
Gotta keep smiling Anseo, but what I didnt let on was how the OH was dealing with it all, now this is a family forum and just because she's (suppose to be) a lady it doesnt mean a thing :fearscream:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

• Haha
Reactions: Parksy and Hutch
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Ray, what is the recommended life span of the gas pipe ( pig tail?)

Thanks
The tube will have an expiry date on it, quite often new caravans come with older ones so you do need to check that. Ours was but I weas told that you can use them using a date from when the system was first in use, but not sure if this is correct.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The tube will have an expiry date on it, quite often new caravans come with older ones so you do need to check that. Ours was but I weas told that you can use them using a date from when the system was first in use, but not sure if this is correct.
I’ve just looked at my propane hose and it does not give an expiry date, it gives date of manufacture, along with its EN number, pressure rating, etc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts