the lake district

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi all , we are going up to the Lake district in about 3 weeks , we are members of both clubs , but we do prefer CL or CS site , does any body have an reccomendations , or favourite site they like to visit , we may also carry on up to Scotland depending on the weather , Regards Joeby

Jan 11, 2009
Visit site
Joeby, i prefer rallies, cls' and cs's, but by far the best positioned site in the Lake District is the C&CC Keswick site, expensive, but position and views to die for, imo

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
C&CC cs at Mrs Horn, North **** Farm, Salkeld ****, near Penrith.Peace and quiet, only five or six miles from Penrith, and a good base for both north and south lakes. Only a tenner a night, with leccy and showers.
But don't tell anybody else!!

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi
I know it is not a club site but we often use Waterfoot Park which is a brilliant little site about 4 miles from Penrith. The site is great and has very good facilities including an on site bar which has brilliant views across the fields down to Lake Ullswater. The little village of Pooley Bridge is a 10-15 minute walk away and has a selection of brilliant traditional pubs as well some good little gift shops. The site is excellent and is very peaceful it is also very accessible being only 10 minutes from the motorway however you would think you were in the middle of nowhere.
Hope this helps!

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Joeby This is a nice site it called Ashes Exclusively Adult Caravan Park it near Kendal Cumbria and also this might be of interest to you this is called Bleatarn Farm Certificated site it is in the camping and caravan club it is a small site with 5 caravan & tents and the best of luck with the weather

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Thank you all for the info , still havent made my mind up yet , we are going to , a site called Dolbryn this monday for 4 nights , which is only £13.50 for 4 nights with electric , just have to be over 55 , then we will be home for a week , before we travel up to the lake district . thanks again guys

TRENDING THREADS