The Masurian District in Poland

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
For those who would like top go a bit off the beaten tract the Masurian district in Poland can be recommended: see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masurian_Lake_District
I spend three weeks there last year with a camper and can assure you the camps are excellent with very good stands.
Anyone who is interested can contact me.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Sounds really good Nieuwoudt and I would love to explore that area.

Unfortunately I would need a LOT of time for a caravan trip like that (not yet retired), coming from the wilderness that I live in, just getting to Europe takes a lot of time not to mention money.

It would probably be best and more cost effective if I planned a tour of parts of Europe that took in several months, right now that is just wishful thinking, but who knows, perhaps one day it will become a possibility, I can at least dream :) .

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
As it happens the Clubs holiday magazine has just come the other day and I was likeing the different places and poland was one of them , canni drive up though

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
it took as 3 weeks to go from the South of The Netherlands, through Germany up to the Baltic coast of Poland and then through the Lake district to Lithuania and then down back again through the middle of Poland down to the south of the Netherlands. Poland is not expensive. The roads is good between cities and towns (EU subsidised) but bad in Cities and towns (local municipalities) : I must say worse than some UK roads! Cities to visit includes Poznan (beautiful caravan park in the city -Hotel Camping Malta),Warsaw (camping Majawa) , Bailystok (Camping Motel WOK) and Krakow and Wroclaw- these last two cities are the most beautiful places I ever visited! The Masurian Lake district had good roads and full of surprises.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I would agree we drove to Poland but decided against taking the caravan. Went out via Germany and Czech Republic onto Krakow and Wroclaw. Returned via Dresden and the Hartz Mountains. We stopped in hotels or guest houses that had direct tram train or bus links into the cities. It was a three week trip and I agree that prices are not expensive. Not taking the van allowed us to fit a lot more into the time available. But given some of the attractive countryside it would have been nice to have the van and do some local exploring.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Great to hear about this area.I visted it once before the Wall came down in the 1970s just staying locally and thought that the scenery and birds were outstanding. The saltmines, Krokov too and a couple of days soent with engineers in the Polski Fiar car factory. Memorable

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts