The odd one out

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Traveled to Belgium and on a site just outside Bruges, but feel like the right odd one out.
we are the only caravan on site, every other unit is a motor home, it's a lovely site but a bit like camping in a car park the way they all keep moving on and off pitch.
could start a great game of a new version of musical chairs, when the music stops last one not pitched has to leave lol.
cheers
John

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not too surprised - France is getting that way too. Quite difficult to find a dealer with more (or any) caravans than motor homes. Also the chain of free or cheap Aires are generally motor van only. Could be a case of violation of our 'uman rights at Brussels !

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
The reason for the number of Camping Cars over Caravans in France is partly because you can claim as a tax write-off the cost of a new camping car over 4 years & that you need a medical every 2 years if you are over 60 & every year if over 70 to tow anything heavier than 500kg.

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
148 is where? 8340 (Craft) is in Eastleigh, Hants. I must be getting old as I missed the avatar in the post above yours. Are you aware of any others who use this forum or was your post only because of the forget me not?
John E

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
OK bretheren, now that you've squared your identities with each other to some degree can we get back on topic please?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
West Lancs, (also as you) Warrington, post because of RA connection and Well done Moderator. I hope he can tie a bow as well as me. Not aware of any others at this time

Rob L

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Von Ryan said:
West Lancs, (also as you) Warrington, post because of RA connection and Well done Moderator. I hope he can tie a bow as well as me. Not aware of any others at this time

Rob L
I can't, in fact if you asked me the time I'd tell you but my younger brother can tie a bow as well as a knot. (Knights Templar 398)

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
The odd one out

It's me------havent got a clue what this is about or where it's going!!!!
smiley-undecided.gif
smiley-undecided.gif
smiley-undecided.gif

I have got a caravan though
smiley-wink.gif

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
With the GLNF, FMR and GLE not talking its not much of a shock

Von Ryan

Parksy would it be possible to give John Kuga and Nick in France my E mail address as I don't think this is very caravanning, I don't mind but I think others might and do not wish or cause any offence

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Gagakev
Your quite right we have always been the odd ones out since 1939,no offence intended and I have asked the moderator to divert

Cheers

Von Ryan

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Von Ryan said:
With the GLNF, FMR and GLE not talking its not much of a shock

Von Ryan

Parksy would it be possible to give John Kuga and Nick in France my E mail address as I don't think this is very caravanning, I don't mind but I think others might and do not wish or cause any offence
No offence taken and consider it done
smiley-laughing.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Nick in France said:
They have a unrecognised GL, in fact many of them but at least I have a home with Mother(4650) at GQS.
Nick, I have tried to forward Von Ryan's email address to you but my email was bounced back, rejected. Please check your spam settings.

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Parksy said:
Nick, I have tried to forward Von Ryan's email address to you but my email was bounced back, rejected. Please check your spam settings.
Parksy,
I received your message but it had my e-mail rather than 'Von Ryan's'
I've e-mailed you but could you let me know what the bounce message said.

Regards

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Nick
I forwarded the email address which you supplied in your reply to me. Unfortunately my computer seems to have undergone some sort of a glitch which meant that I temporarily lost my moderators email service.
I now think that the email that I forwarded to Kuga John may have gone astray so if you see this KJ please send an email to me via the contact link in my signature below.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Von Ryan said:
Hi Gagakev
Your quite right we have always been the odd ones out since 1939,no offence intended and I have asked the moderator to divert

Cheers

Von Ryan

Hi Von
No offence taken buddy, it's just that I'm one of those nosey beggers and now I know roughly what it's all about I'm happy
smiley-smile.gif

Keep posting.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks For that reply Gagakev
Just wanted to make sure no one was offended. The comment about being the odd ones out does not relate to The Order of Odd fellows,but in 1939 Herr Hitler and the Abwer decided compile a list (otherwise I believe called the Black Book) of every freemason in Great Britain, as most in those days were in very high positions in society and it was not uncommon for Freemasons to parade openly on high days and feast days in full regalia. When in was obvious after the fall of France and the rest of western Europe that Britain was the next target with operation Sea Lion, Freemasons decided to withdraw obviously from Society and continue to support their community quietly and discreetly, also Freemasons had one of the best communication and trustful identification systems within the country at that time by every body knowing everybody within their Lodge, Group or Province and that is why we are still discreet in our actions, but still play a strong part within our communities. We are getting better at being seen or recognised in public by radio interviews, TV interviews etc.

As far as the Forget-me-not, it is a symbol used within Freemasonry to recognise all Freemasons who have fallen in conflicts to even this present day as well as others who have given the ultimate sacrifie to their country.

In addition, what has this got to do with Caravanning, Well here in West Lancashire we have THe West Lancashire Masonic Caravan Club that goes on organised rallies in the Country

Hope this helps
Von Ryan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well, glad that's all over !
Very interesting to learn about French rules for towing however. Sincerely hope this does not spread under the guise of European law, or UKIP will be getting a large increase in membership

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I do wonder about the future of caravanning with the stricter driving test requirements. It must point newer drivers towards smaller motorhomes that can be driven on an ordinary car licence.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts