The Panic has started,

Page 5 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Don't want to gloat (well not very much:p) but, here in Portugal, there is no problem filling up anywhere. Oh, and the supermarket shelves are heaving with products. It's the same in Spain.
Foreign newspapers are a bit embarrassing to read at the moment!
British newspapers are embarrassing to read here, because they're full of divisive fake news, speculation and made up tittle tattle about members of the Royal Family.
I haven't bought a newspaper for a couple of years now, if I wanted to read a comic I'd get the Dandy or the Beano.
Supermarket shelves here in Britain are heaving with products.
The fuel panic buying is the direct result of news media scaremongering.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The weird thing is there was and still is a faction of people who despite Covid continued working putting their own lives at risk, eg a lot of the NHS staff across the board, GPs excepted, and all the HGV and light goods drivers who kept and are keeping our fuel and food supplies flowing.
meanwhile there’s a heck of a lot of others still working from home, carpet slippers etc taking life easy with no desire to return to their office. Do they need fuel? No . But a penny to a pound says they have full to the brim fuel tanks🤬🤬

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The weird thing is there was and still is a faction of people who despite Covid continued working putting their own lives at risk, eg a lot of the NHS staff across the board, GPs excepted.
I am wondering when GPs will start seeing patients again as twice I have been given the incorrect medication for an ailment as they never checked. However no issue with hospital staff who I see on a face to face basis.

Jul 23, 2021
Visit site
I am wondering when GPs will start seeing patients again as twice I have been given the incorrect medication for an ailment as they never checked. However no issue with hospital staff who I see on a face to face basis.
Thats a local thing. I have friends who are GPs who never stopped seeing patients. Both in surgery and in home visits. They have worked them selves silly in the last 18 months.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
My 1.4 Ford diesel that does 60mpg was last filled with fuel on August 6th and my dedicated tow car was last filled on September 17th.........no panic on our part and still have plenty of fuel for our needs ;)

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
My 1.4 Ford diesel that does 60mpg was last filled with fuel on August 6th and my dedicated tow car was last filled on September 17th.........no panic on our part and still have plenty of fuel for our needs ;)
bill i would have to agree both our cars have plenty of fuel ;)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Speak to your surgery and ask them. Tell them why you want to see a doctor.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
BB, of course you have a full tank now unless you‘ve been running a taxi service since last Friday😉😉
DD We filled up before we came home from our break that was 140 miles from home and top it up when we got home so it full now just in case i need to help out with my youngest Granddaughter if she needs transport . :)

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Speak to your surgery and ask them. Tell them why you want to see a doctor.
It must be a postcode lottery.Our surgery has been seeing people throughout the pandemic. Talk to the receptionist first, doc rings you back and decides if you need to be seen. It’s worked for us. Sorry others haven’t enjoyed the same level of service.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It must be a postcode lottery.Our surgery has been seeing people throughout the pandemic. Talk to the receptionist first, doc rings you back and decides if you need to be seen. It’s worked for us. Sorry others haven’t enjoyed the same level of service.
Our have been the same, excellent service.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Ours have the same procedure, but they still seem to avoid seeing you unless absolutely necessary even if you are on the extremely vulnerable list. I had a issue last week and was referred to a nurse.
Nurse took one look and had to call a doctor to examine me. Pleased to say that he had to do minor surgery straight away, but no follow up examination this week.
Just to add to my misery due to panic buying by a nation that seems to have a lot of sheep, the NHS are unable to supply essential stuff like bandages and medication as no fuel to deliver the goods.
My vehicle is still running on fumes although I was able to put in 15 litres on Monday. That soon goes when you make unnecessary trips to the surgery to collect medication which is not there through no fault of theirs and also then have to visit the hospital which is in the opposite direction.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Ours has been first class throughout :)

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Haven't bought a newspaper for 40 odd years....don't pay for Sky!
Have I missed something?

Nor me.

Yes, but that was Friday. Check out DM headlines for Thursday! They and BBC really set the Hares racing and then the rest of the Lemmings followed in to take their turn at putting the boot in!
That aside you can see if the panic doesn’t subside , which I think it will, we Amy we’ll be forced into another Lockdown , but for different reasons 😥😥😥

Nothing new!

I was just watching ‘A house through time’. Part of the story was about an earthquake which happened at Dogger Bank in the 1930’s. It rocked Leeds. A local Yorkshire newspaper reported death and destruction over the whole country. In fact there was minimal structural damage and a cat and a canary either died or were injured.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Nor me.

Nothing new!

I was just watching ‘A house through time’. Part of the story was about an earthquake which happened at Dogger Bank in the 1930’s. It rocked Leeds. A local Yorkshire newspaper reported death and destruction over the whole country. In fact there was minimal structural damage and a cat and a canary either died or were injured.

John
It wasn’t just one or two papers it was virtually all of them plus National and regional media too. Even the PMs ex employer joined the fray, so it’s not surprising that unnecessary buying took place especially as on the Wednesday evening the PRA spokesman recommended keeping tanks at 25%; what a dipstick.

C550BB53-2437-4F0C-BCBE-0E5110CD61F3.jpeg

Apr 28, 2021
Visit site
I think that the pandemic has shown the value of Pharmacists who are able to diagnosis a number of ailments and recommend suitable medications.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
We are at a large surgery. One of the founder GP’s was our favourite, and a friend. He took semi retirement about 2 years ago to wind down, but was always cheerful and gave time to everyone.

Sadly he died earlier this year aged 63. We don’t think it was COVID related. The surgery just said, after a nasty illness.

He was associated with Gloucester Rugby. He was also the designated doctor when they had concerts, he did Elton John last. Complained that he wasn’t allowed a pint.

He is missed by many around here.

John

May 21, 2021
Visit site
My wife popped into the surgery today to make an appointment and was told the doctor would call her between 08.30am and 12.30 pm on 19 October. We know the doc will then say come into the surgery because it is a problem which has been going on for 2 years and she was told to go back if there is a recurrence.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My wife popped into the surgery today to make an appointment and was told the doctor would call her between 08.30am and 12.30 pm on 19 October. We know the doc will then say come into the surgery because it is a problem which has been going on for 2 years and she was told to go back if there is a recurrence.
That’s not at all good. From our daughters experience recently she phoned for an appointment. The duty GP rang her around one hour later, and then made an appointment for a doctor to see her next day. It seems to vary so much even around our area. A friends wife had a knee replacement at a private hospital funded by the NHS. The op went fine but she developed an infection, and it took her over a week to see a nurse in the practice. Then the infection had progressed and she was on strong antibiotics for quite a while, but the side effects caused further problems. Fortunately she’s all clear now, but it’s taken a while. A stitch in time.

Reactions: Tandjo
May 21, 2021
Visit site
GPs in our area have not covered themselves in glory. A friend was 25 minutes as first in queue so he jumped in his car, drove to the surgery with his phone still on hold and the staff were having a break, at 11.00 am! He couldn’t believe it so reported it to the Trust. Needless to say, he has heard nothing back. It’s shocking.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Saw my doctor yesterday got another appointment next week but then it my Flu Jab on Saturday 23rd October 2021 , very happy with the service i am getting so far

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts