The Panic has started,

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
In preparation of our Sunday home departure we decided to fill up with Diesel today.. We queued for 20 minutes in a massive traffic jam before reaching the pump. At £1.44 a litre 🤬🤬🤬Better a full tank. Sadly panic buying and high costs have arrived.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
In preparation of our Sunday home departure we decided to fill up with Diesel today.. We queued for 20 minutes in a massive traffic jam before reaching the pump. At £1.44 a litre 🤬🤬🤬Better a full tank. Sadly panic buying and high costs have arrived.
DD We filled up at Sainsbury at £1 ,34 a Litre and now a full tank :)

Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
Local Sainsbury ran out of fuel at 8am today, got a delivery and now they've run out again, cra,y, probably due to sensationalist news headlines.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
There are a lot of Corporal Jones's about in our area too. Because of ques took me 35mins to do a 5 min journey this afternoon.

Apr 28, 2021
Visit site
I was supposed to leave Brighton for a week at a site in Yorkshire tomorrow, have cancelled as don’t want the stress of the current fuel situation. I’ll probably lose my site fees but probably the best option.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
My tank was on just under 1/4.
Got to my local tesco station at 6 this morning to find the forecourt empty.
Filled up with no problems.👍

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
As I have less than 1/4 tank, thought I would add £30 so that we can get to Tewkesbury. Went to nearest garage and they were totally shut as it is Saturday. The disadvantages of living in the countryside where it is always a bit of a drive to the nearest fuel station.
Only other one is a 10 mile round trip and their fuel is always expensive! I am a bit wary of driving into Malvern just in case the Esso there is out of fuel as doubt if I will be able to get back home. A bit of a dilemma.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
As I have less than 1/4 tank, thought I would add £30 so that we can get to Tewkesbury. Went to nearest garage and they were totally shut as it is Saturday. The disadvantages of living in the countryside where it is always a bit of a drive to the nearest fuel station.
Only other one is a 10 mile round trip and their fuel is always expensive! I am a bit wary of driving into Malvern just in case the Esso there is out of fuel as doubt if I will be able to get back home. A bit of a dilemma.
Reading the press it seems the affected Esso are those associated with a small Tesco. But after yesterday other brands and outlets may be empty. The supply chain can’t cope with a sudden surge in buying; be it fuel or toilet rolls.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Probably no business of mine,but when you find a garage with fuel,would it better to fill right up?.
Only saying😊

True, but I do not see any reason to create a bigger problem. The Jeep does not do high mileage and a full tank could last me a month or longer if we are not using the caravan. Anyway we have another vehicle with 3/4 of fuel however it is a town car and not very comfortable for me as it is a 1996 Corolla.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Probably no business of mine,but when you find a garage with fuel,would it better to fill right up?.
Only saying😊
I only put my normal amount in taking it from quarter to half full. I tend only to keep it topped if a long journey, or in winter. Mine really doesn’t get used all that much, whereas the little Kia is on the go most days.

Reactions: GeorgeandAde
May 7, 2012
Visit site
It does seem to be a problem created by the press. Last night I read that Tesco has only two stations closed and one of these was for technical reasons and all the other supermarkets were still open although it now looks like a few may have run out.
We did pass an Esso station yesterday with a long queue yet the BP station on the next road had hardly anyone there. Once everyone has filled up though they will be running around with a tank full and there will be hardly anyone needing fuel.

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
This is a disgrace-and the press are to blame esp the BBC- standing this am at a BP garage turning away cars-he did eventually admit shell had petrol down the road. It was a BP issue-no one else-now it's everyone's-needless to say we're happy with our electric Mini now-although our electric provider went bust and our bill is set to be larger!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
It does seem to be a problem created by the press. Last night I read that Tesco has only two stations closed and one of these was for technical reasons and all the other supermarkets were still open although it now looks like a few may have run out.
We did pass an Esso station yesterday with a long queue yet the BP station on the next road had hardly anyone there. Once everyone has filled up though they will be running around with a tank full and there will be hardly anyone needing fuel.
Another lockdown would solve the problem🤪😜🤪

Reactions: JezzerB
Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Don't understand this,no panic buying here,This seems to "fuelled" forgive the pun by tv and newspapers

Reactions: JezzerB

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts