Thetford Fride Issue

Mar 25, 2024
Visit site
Hi All,

My Thetford fridge has an issue with the read control board.

It often turns off and I have to go outside, remove the vent from behind it and wiggle the board until I hear it click, then the fridge powers on. Sometimes it goes off and I have to go back out and move it into a different position.

I believe it may have something to do with the levelling sensor (if that’s even a thing). Even when on level ground I have to move the board so it’s on an angle.

Any suggestions on what the problem could be and if there is a fix for this?

Replacement boards seem to be out of stock or costing over £1000 so a new fridge would be cheaper, ideally I’d like to fix it. I’m pretty handy with electrics.

I have attached a pic of the manual for the model number.

Attachments

• IMG_4078.jpeg
    IMG_4078.jpeg
    29.3 KB · Views: 3
Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
A replacement PCB is generally about £100 and not £1000.
Not on the older Thetford fridges as they stopped producing the PCB 18 months 2 years ago, if someone has the PCB they ask what they want for them. And for reference the Thetford PCB was around £140-£150 ish when they were readily available

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
A few years ago there was a small business that repaired PCBs based in Cirencester. I wonder if any such companies exist today? Anyone asked Apuljack?

Reactions: nickslane
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Not on the older Thetford fridges as they stopped producing the PCB 18 months 2 years ago, if someone has the PCB they ask what they want for them. And for reference the Thetford PCB was around £140-£150 ish when they were readily available
There is a place that refurbishes them and hopefully someone will remember the name?

Mar 25, 2024
Visit site
A few years ago there was a small business that repaired PCBs based in Cirencester. I wonder if any such companies exist today? Anyone asked Apuljack?
I will have to see if I can find someone that fixes them.

There are out PCB out there that look identical but have a different partno, not sure if it would be worth the risk buying it to see. They are around 220 Euros.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts