thinking of changing van need advice!!

Sep 15, 2008
Visit site
I currently own a bailey pageant champagne 2007 s6 and while its a great van i am considering changing for a different layout. It has a large washroom to the rear and is 4 berth. We have 2 kids aged 3 and 4 and are considering changing to something which gives a bit more living/sleeping space rather than the large bathroom.

Any advice would be very welcome as we want to make sure the van we change to is our last change for a while!

We dont bother with an awning. We had thought of either a 5 berth double dinette layout with side bathroom or 6 berth with fixed rear bunks. Which of these would be a better long term buy? Also can i ask are wet room bathrooms a nightmare to shower in or are they not too bad?

many thanks

s gourley

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
We have a 2007 Amara VS 560/6 which has fixed rear bunks and a side dinette, it's suits us very well but is rather over kill for the three of us, having said that loads of space. The small bathroom has been no real hastle at all (that was going from an end bathroom)

Coachman have launched the Amara 570/6 which has the side rear bunks and dinette opposite but have not followed the pack with a 3 bunk layout. My opinion although I prefer our now obsolete layout is that this works better than the 3 bunk arrangement as there is more room in the bunks and no-one is sleeping on the floor.

Although it's all horses for courses I would recommend you look at the coachman build quality compared to the Bailey, they were next to each other on the forcourt in 07 when we last changed.

Having said all that we are probably going to go back to a 4b next year, (520/4 VIP)

Hope those ramblings help Oh and our daughter was fine in the top bunk from when we got it (6 next month)

Aug 13, 2006
Visit site
thanks for replying to me. I must have a look at the van you are talking about. Thank you for your advice.
We currently have the same caravan as Martin24 and really love it. The only minor negative is the small washroom and no separate shower. It is a fantastic van, but we are now changing to the 570/6 Amara which Martin also talked about purely because the bunks are a bit more open (less claustrophobic) and the bigger washroom and separate shower. Though I am excited, I really love the spacious feel of the 560/6 and would thoroughly recommend it if you were after a secondhand caravan. But I don't think you can beat a Coachman for quality!

Aug 13, 2006
Visit site
We currently have the same caravan as Martin24 and really love it. The only minor negative is the small washroom and no separate shower. It is a fantastic van, but we are now changing to the 570/6 Amara which Martin also talked about purely because the bunks are a bit more open (less claustrophobic) and the bigger washroom and separate shower. Though I am excited, I really love the spacious feel of the 560/6 and would thoroughly recommend it if you were after a secondhand caravan. But I don't think you can beat a Coachman for quality!

Sorry for the double post - keep adding comments rather than replying!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Have a look at the adria adora 612 DT. Twin axle length on a single axle. You get a fixed bed a side dinette and a long lounge. Loadsa internal space. Washroom a bit small, especially after what you are used to, but you and OH get the fixed bed. Little ones get singles in the front lounge which will last them into being big children, or the side dinette made into bunks. I was well impressed at the nec. Apparently towability not a problem due to long A frame.

mel

Sep 15, 2008
Visit site
Thank you all for your replies and i will indeed look into those vans. I really want this next change we make to be the last for a while! I was interested also in the avante 556 fixed bunk layout also.

Mar 30, 2007
Visit site
We have a Lunar Quasr 626, this is a TA fixed bed with a side toilet/bathroom. It also has a side deinette and lond day beds at the front. We brought it as our previous vans have had fixed bunks for the kids but these were getting a bit to small for the kids aged 9 and 11. It is the best van we have every had and the most practical. If we go away on a long trip we can leave the long day beds set up for the kids but still use the side deinette for eating at. In our opinion it is excellent and light for such a big van.

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
We have an Eccles with a wet room shower and use it all the time. It has a plastic screen that protects the WC but also a false plastic floor in the shower area that you lift out when using the shower so that afterwards you just wipe the walls and put the panel back. Not all manufacturers supply this.

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
We have Coachman Amara 550/5. Single axle. We have two kids.

Double dinette type with side bathroom - has a fully sealed shower, like what you would have at home.

Front seats convert to singles or a double - we chose this layout for the espected 6 footer our son will turn into when he hits his teens.

Rear dinette converts into double.

I have somewhere to go in the back of the van when everyone else wants to watch something on the telly I don't.

wombat

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts