Sep 21, 2005
Visit site
Up to a couple of years ago I was a regular contributor to this forum and found it to be very useful and interesting. On the whole the contributions were sensible and politely expressed. On looking at it today out of curiosity, I was surprised to see how it had changed and very much for the worse, in my view. Once I had found my way through the umpteen subject headings it was clear that it had become just another of those juvenile internet 'chat room' style forums, full of absolute drivel and personal insults, often expressed in dreadful English. Am I alone in this or do others mourn the loss of the original style?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would disagree Michael. I think the forum has developed into an action filled hotbed of knowledge and fun and has found a level that is enjoyed by most in a typical cross section of people.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Michael. In general when there is a serious question you want to ask 99% of the time it is answered in a serious manner and I have found this site to be very helpful. Having said that though you do get the odd subject go off track now and again but lets face it its only a bit of humour so just enjoy. By the way if Kanga reads this, whats the matter old chap you seem to be getting a bit mild as the days pass.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hoorah, someone else with a sense of humour and tolerant of others. My mate Kanga alas is not being allowed freedom of speech by the moderator who at times I feel is biased especially when others are getting away with murder!

Jul 30, 2005
Visit site
Hello Michael. In general when there is a serious question you want to ask 99% of the time it is answered in a serious manner and I have found this site to be very helpful. Having said that though you do get the odd subject go off track now and again but lets face it its only a bit of humour so just enjoy. By the way if Kanga reads this, whats the matter old chap you seem to be getting a bit mild as the days pass.
Paul, sorry but I have been posting, but I now get a few emails a day from the mod explaining why he has removed my postings! and often I think acceptable postings eg when someone says they are leaving the forum I cheer them on their way .......... whats wrong with that? I think the Mod is perhaps getting too big for his boots, the power has I feel gone to his head, a bit like Idi Amin!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would disagree Michael. I think the forum has developed into an action filled hotbed of knowledge and fun and has found a level that is enjoyed by most in a typical cross section of people.
Couldn't have put it better myself....

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Listen guys - I have had a post removed as well so you cannot say the new rules do not apply "across the board".

Most of us have been crying out for an active moderator who will censor the silly and the rude.

So all you have to do is act like an adult and you can still have your say.

Time to grow up boys!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You do whatever you feel like Kanga. In one way you are correct, most of the big boys do think it big to swear and curse a lot. But then they leave school get a job and grow up.

Apart from those congenitally predetermined to have a prepubescent emotional age, that is. They tend to need and seek constant attention.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Michael

How can you call this forum when you cannot use it right your self.

Because I have nether herd of a Towcar called This Forum.

Mark

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
You have been warned about directing personal abuse at other forum users. Even the Moderator is entitled to basic levels of good manners and respect.

To accuse someone of being a bit like one of the world's most evil dictators is completely unacceptable.

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
I am surprised at you Mark at being intolerant of somebody accidentally posting in the wrong place.

The Forum has declined lately and the last few postings are very good examples of what Michael was talking about.

It seems a common response to anyone who expresses an opinion about ANYTHING, that many others immediately go on the defensive as if they were being attacked personally. We all have a right to prefer certain sites, certain cars, certain dogs, certain children etc. and some people should exercise more tolerance, less criticism and less sarcastic offensive remarks. But then again, how many times have we read this lately.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Chrissylizze

In one way I can see what you are get at as I cud be calling some with their read & writing.

But they bid say a boot poor English. Which I think a person with read & writing problems would not use the word.

Mark

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mark

All I am saying is that it should not even be necessary to mention that somebody has posted in the wrong place, unless they do it continuosly. It is very easy to do when you are just reading through and suddenly decide you want to say something.

I have done it myself but that doesn't make me stupid, and this forum generally needs a bit more tolerance.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think Mark pulled Michael up on posting in the wrong forum, simply because of the tone of the posting. You say yourself that this forum needs more tolerance; there is none of that in Michael's post. He even insults us by saying we use dreadful English. That may in fact be true, but do you want to be reminded of your faults? The Forum has changed no doubt, and I have a feeling that it will be a while before an equilibrium is found, it may come down to boom or bust. But while there is someone complaining about the Forum, I'm willing to bet that there is another that applauds it. Perhaps it might be worthwhile canvassing to find out, what would you say to having a poll?

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Go for it Lol,just be careful how you word it,an example of how the outcome of a poll can be drastically affected by how it is worded is available upon request,but I'm sure you know what I mean.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Chrissylizzie

No

Lol spotted what I was get at Michael for saying.

I was not wont to say any one is s .

I do not like the word that you have used that begin with s so I do not use it.

Mark

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts