This is what you need to go abroad - besides your van, car a...

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
In France warning Triangle only "Recommended"

Is this right as the Gendarmes go balistic if you have a problem with you car and you do not get the warning triangle deployed quickly.

Also for France , lights on in daylight "Recommended". Only if you want every other French motorist flashing, honking and waving at you madly ;

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I note that, in several cases, some of the 'must have' items only apply to vehicles actually registered in the respective country, not for foreign visitors. The warning triangle for France may be one of those items.

Also, although it doesn't say so, daylight headlamps are also recommended in Germany although probably only about 30% follow that recommendation.

G

A number of European countries have made it mandatory that cars have their headlights on. As a Volvo owner I have always had that 'facility' and have never been flashed in France as a result. However, I do dip them as low as possible to avoid blinding anyone when the van is on the back.

I also tend to adopt the principle that if it is 'recommended' I put it in anyway. That way I won't be stung for an on the spot fine by some cop who is having a bad day.

May 6, 2008
Visit site
Have just looked at that link to the caravan club list and would query the German listing, which makes me suspect the accuracy of the other listings. We lived in Germany for a long time and you do need a first aid kit as if there is an accident the Police will take yours to use, giving you a receipt to get a new one, you also need a warning triangle - some German cars are sold with the triangle fitted within the boot lid - why would they do this if it was not compulsory?

Procede with care would be my warning and maybe check out other sources.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
It is possible that German law only requires a warning triangle to be carried on German registered vehicles and that visitors to the country are exempt.

TRENDING THREADS