this years main hol

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
right everybody,lets attempt a sensible,friendly post...wheres everybody going for their main stay this year? We re off to wellington park for a couple of nights then on to dornafield in south devon followed by wareham forest in dorset and finally onto rookesbury park in hampshire. Anybody want to share their plans?.....its over to you

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Denise

Cornwall for three weeks. Really looking forward to it. Dreading the journey, 300 miles just hope the rain stays off (going in August).

Regards

lh

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hope the weather stays nice for you, we were put off cornwall last year as we were close to the boscastle incident it got me very worried as im not much of a swimmer! Also the traffic around truro was horrendous, but it was peak time so its to be expected! Happy hols !

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We were away during the Boscastle floods. We wern't in Cornwall but it rained non stop for two weeks. We're stopping in a small village, it's a pity about the traffic but I'm used to it as I live in the outskirts of a large city.

Makes a change from where I was born and lived, Taupo, New Zealand.

Any tips on good motorway stop offs going to Cornwall from the North?

Regards

lh

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Klarky

Lucky you, I used to live in Kent on the Kent/Sussex border. It really is the garden of England. I miss it. Did go back three years ago for a school reunion. Enjoyed it so much, took my daughter back with me for a short hol. I'd love to live there again.

Let us know how you got on.

lh

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we stayed in a nice little place near to newquay called newperran really nice campsite but the afternoon of the boscastle flood we had decided to go for a drive up that way and we only left the area a short while before it flooded! Sorry we cant help with info about travelling to cornwall from up north as we live in norfolk!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Being retired life is one long holiday. however I am trying to revisit the UK after a number of years visiting Europe.

my main consecutive days away will be a visit to Cambridge to visit friends and relatives and to rekindle the years as a boy when I spent the 6 weeks school hols there. it seemed that in those days the sun shone all the time. added to that visit is a period at chatsworth and again revisiting the peak district. next month we will visiting the Cheviots and the month after will be going to Meathop fell for a week. hope it all turns out well. for when you get to my age you tend not to look to far ahead Hope you all enjoy your time in the outside world

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Denise

Oh dear! I saw it on the tv and couldn't believe my eyes. A chap at work was in that area at the same time too. I did phone and try to get into a campsite in Boscastle for this year but they were fully booked (can't remember the name but I think they had horses on the site for hire). I might drive over and check it out.

G W Metcalf - I can't wait to get away from it all too LOL, last time we were in Cornwall was about 15 years ago and the dog we had then travelled in the back of the car and stood all the way there and all the way back.

lh

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Shiraz would that be the cc site at chatsworth as we were thinking of visiting that at some time as it looks so nice and weve never actually been up that way. My other half says he fancies the idea of the lakes or the peak district but im not too good near lots of water so id probably suffer!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Klarky

Lucky you, I used to live in Kent on the Kent/Sussex border. It really is the garden of England. I miss it. Did go back three years ago for a school reunion. Enjoyed it so much, took my daughter back with me for a short hol. I'd love to live there again.

Let us know how you got on.

lh
will do

Jun 27, 2005
Visit site
me and the family are going overseas but unsure where to go yet going 28th july from dover wife wants spain im not fussy but looking forward to it where ever

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As so many of you recommended Merley Court in Dorset after my request for a site near Poole a few weeks ago, my wife and I are going to give it a go. It appears to be what we are looking for from their web site and brochure. As we are both now enjoying early retirement we will also be going to Widend in Paignton for a break. No children or work to now worry us - life is a ball. Good luck to you all on your holidays. I will let you know how we got on in Dorset.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We're off to Elesartit, we tried UK for the main holiday a few years ago and were lucky but I don't like to gamble on the weather so we always go abroad (not France) for the main holiday.

We love Cornwall though and always spend a week down there.

Pete

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
my god Pete the stink, did you forget yourself, I read this as a sensible answer for once...well thanks for the good new, at least I know where to find YOU.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Pete I was simply replying in the same manner to how you were replying to every post I did yesterday. Time for the childish games to stop I hope.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We're having a fortnight on a CL on the Gower Peninsula. Hoping the weather is good though, as lots of beaches to explore. During Boscastle last year, we were at the Isle of Wight, on the day - at The Needles. Very heavy rain that day.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Are main holiday is in a cottage...boo we booked it before we bought the caravan and wish we were going in the caravan but should still be nice.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Paul Ruth,

I did that too but managed to change so am now going in my van!

Off to Cornwall,cant wait,!! Im sure your cottage will be lovely

and you might enjoy the break from all the aquarollin etc......

Have a GREAT TIME!X

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
We're having a week in St.Ives and then moving on to Ilfracombe for the second week in mid August. Like Tina I'm from Southport so it's a long haul and being divorced I do all my caravaning with my 6 year old daughter so long journeys can be a little fraught but I'm stopping off half way which should ease the tension. So if you ever see a big bloke on site on his own being bullied by a 6 year old girl come over and say hello it's big Roy

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Big Roy

Nice to hear from someone from the town,I,m takin a 15,16,3 and 2 year old !!!!!!!!! booked burnham on sea for a stopover as dont think I;ll be sane at the end if I do it in one go!!Where in southport are you?

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi Big Roy

Nice to hear from someone from the town,I,m takin a 15,16,3 and 2 year old !!!!!!!!! booked burnham on sea for a stopover as dont think I;ll be sane at the end if I do it in one go!!Where in southport are you?
Hi Tina, I live in the town centre.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts