this years main hol

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Sorry to but in just like to say how much I like Southport, always make us welcome when we come to the musical fireworks championships (that is the same Southport I take it?)

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Martyn

Yes it is,its a good night that one, I'm sneaky,usually work and get to see it for free,ever been to the airshows!?CC site is popular at that time,thats quite a good two days !Big Roy we started by the prom,then out to scarisbrick and now living in Churchtown!Have a great time with your daughter,good to see you dont have to go to Batmans lengths to take her on hol!(visiter today!!)x

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Perhaps I should have been accurate and said participate in the fireworks, its what I do for a living, came second last year. I never take the van as there are a bunch of us lads and they think I'm sad enough owning a van let alone making them stay in one. Would like to come that way though away from work (if you can call it that) and enjoy the sights.

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Did you do the ones in Porstmouth this week Martyn for the festival of the sea and Lord Nelson 200 years celebrations?
No but I went as an invited guest and viewed from a specially set up corporate section in a prime position. Perk of job I suppose.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
No but I went as an invited guest and viewed from a specially set up corporate section in a prime position. Perk of job I suppose.
Definately a nice view then, it was pretty dramatic but maybe better if you had a closer view rather than from the beach. Great Day though.

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Definately a nice view then, it was pretty dramatic but maybe better if you had a closer view rather than from the beach. Great Day though.
Yes they were very good. By the way my professional interest was the reasoning in posting the 'firework' message. As you may imagine I get allot of stick from the 'anti-firework' brigade and after the episode on site I got to wondering how vanners viewed them.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes they were very good. By the way my professional interest was the reasoning in posting the 'firework' message. As you may imagine I get allot of stick from the 'anti-firework' brigade and after the episode on site I got to wondering how vanners viewed them.
Plenty of catherine wheel burn marks on are fences...kids love em and they seem so much cheaper these days and you get more for your money for the small / medium garden user. Some of the best I have ever seen was in Orlando at Sea World...absouletly fab. Keep up the good (and dangeroues) work! P.s. I work with explosives myself, but the ones that inflate your airbags in the car!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Denise Wellington Park is a great place (not sure if this is your first visit) and we like it a lot. Huge pitches, plenty of space and very secluded...we were a little disapointed with the toilets which we posted some months back as the park had appeared in PC top 100 sites.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
oh I i forgot to mention that Rookesbury Park is very very clean and tidy. Not so much room as wellington as this is a CC site, but nice people running it. Make sure you visit HMS Victory at Porstmouth Dockyard, lots going on there at the moment due to the 200th anniversary for the battle of trafalgor. Also Fort Nelson, close to where you are is FREE and a great place.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Perhaps I should have been accurate and said participate in the fireworks, its what I do for a living, came second last year. I never take the van as there are a bunch of us lads and they think I'm sad enough owning a van let alone making them stay in one. Would like to come that way though away from work (if you can call it that) and enjoy the sights.
OH Brill, dont think theres ever much in it really,all the diplays are good,hint from my age I think bit of pop dance music before the slowies at the end would go down well,Bit of BASS !!!!!!

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
ha HA ha !! 16 year old is my 15 year olds friend, yes 19 when I had her,what can I say I discovered Bacardi young!!!!!!!!Any way it all worked out coz she's a great kid!!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
OH Brill, dont think theres ever much in it really,all the diplays are good,hint from my age I think bit of pop dance music before the slowies at the end would go down well,Bit of BASS !!!!!!
You can't beat a nice pint of Bass :)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Martyn

Yes it is,its a good night that one, I'm sneaky,usually work and get to see it for free,ever been to the airshows!?CC site is popular at that time,thats quite a good two days !Big Roy we started by the prom,then out to scarisbrick and now living in Churchtown!Have a great time with your daughter,good to see you dont have to go to Batmans lengths to take her on hol!(visiter today!!)x
Spent many a weekend passing through Churchtown on the way to the tip from Banks. About 5 years ago when we were clearing SWMBO's uncle's house!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Denise - Chatsworth is a grand site. I have not stayed there before but visited chatsworth last year and found that one did not do justice to the place. The peak district is a grand area and you can stay at chatsworth or the CC at Castleton another grand site or Buxton great area to stay a while.

One tip I will give you dont put off to long with visiting an area you fancy for if you do the time will come when the mind is fertile but the old bones cannot perform anymore.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Shiraz yes we are thinking of doing the lakes or peaks next year, we re in our forties now and things are creaking well, you mean it gets worse than this? Somethung to look forward to i suppose!

Hi paul and Ruth yes it is our first time at wellington park our nine year old daughter is excited about it not too bothered about the loos as we re only there a couple of nights just to break the journey up down to south devon We ve done the victory bit and the mary rose etc as we ve been to portsmouth quite alot as my dad lives down there>Must agree its all very impressive down the docks

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Hi Denise,

Were off to Brighouse Bay for a week, back to work for 2 weeks, then off for another week to Glen Nevis campsite at Fort William. Hope the sun is hot and the beer cold !!

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Brittany for me this time, always go to the continemt for main hol so I can be sure of the weather (not sure I am going far enough south though with this one)Never mind the sea food will be great, also as the people do not consider themselves to be "French" but "Breton" should not be any backlash from the olympic vote. Only joking really I find the French very nice people (contrary to popular opinion)must just be me!!!!!

Jun 28, 2005
Visit site
hello Denise, me and the other half plus 4 kids [only 2 mine]the other two his, are going to the lake district. Skelwith Fold Ambleside, never been before so hope everything goes alright. We are going at the end of july for 2 weeks. bye bye.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Wareham forest site is excellent

although will get very busy in high season

facilities superb and very friendly wardens and owners.
Were going to Weymouth this year for 2 weeks to Warmwell Country

Touring Park with the children 1 and 4 hope the weather bucks up

then onto suffolk for 2 weeks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Shiraz yes we are thinking of doing the lakes or peaks next year, we re in our forties now and things are creaking well, you mean it gets worse than this? Somethung to look forward to i suppose!

Hi paul and Ruth yes it is our first time at wellington park our nine year old daughter is excited about it not too bothered about the loos as we re only there a couple of nights just to break the journey up down to south devon We ve done the victory bit and the mary rose etc as we ve been to portsmouth quite alot as my dad lives down there>Must agree its all very impressive down the docks
Denise - put out of your head any reservations about coming nth. The places to visit are to numerous to mention here, but you could easily spend a month in the peak district, at least forever exploring the English Lakes, the yorkshire dales Teesdale Weardale Tynedale and Northumbria and you could spend a lifetime exploring Scotland and Wales and visiting N Ireland and Eire is a subject on its own. Go for it and as well as educating yourselves if you have children they will certainly be educated

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts