Thought Police / Mod Madness

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
No offence taken cris and in my opinion it's a good thing we have different views. It would be a boring site if we were all yes men and agreed with everything each said, like some forums. Who wants to post about sink drainers, door catches, steadies etc. 100% of the time - yawwnnnnnnnnnn.

p.s. I'm still waiting for the names of the sites where you can see this tittilation ;OP

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Mike, any thing to keep the peace!

It's hard to please some of the people all of the time, so who am I to go against the flow ;-)

Wouldn't want to shock any body :-0

And I have a nice MS office suite and Front Page that I needed to update my skills on :)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
No offence taken cris and in my opinion it's a good thing we have different views. It would be a boring site if we were all yes men and agreed with everything each said, like some forums. Who wants to post about sink drainers, door catches, steadies etc. 100% of the time - yawwnnnnnnnnnn.

p.s. I'm still waiting for the names of the sites where you can see this tittilation ;OP
p.s. please tell me you took those pics at Old Kerrow Farm, St. Austell cos I'm going there in just over a weeks time :O)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I hate this time of year - we are so busy at the end of the tax year that i cannot do the important stuff like check out the Forums!

So I missed the pictures!

And therefore make no comment on suitability, but I am a bit miffed that SWMBO apparently forwarded my picture.

Seriously tho', I do like the idea of pictures as seen on other websites but do get annoyed at some being bigger in size (I am talking about the picture size guys!!!) than the comment posted. Whilst some are amusing, a whacking great cartoon or picture that appears every time someone posts even a short reply does rather get on my tats.

This has the effect of having to trawl down through lots of pictures/space to pick up the jist of what is being said.

Have to say I prefer the simpler nature of this Forum where jokes, techy stuff, and general info can be exchanged almost with the simplicity and efficiency of an email.

So what about a Topic for pictures only? If someone had a stunning view/picture from a site it could be posted there and "advertised" on the site topic or whatever.

This would be a usefull addition to the Forum as well as making it easier for the moddy's to police.

After all a picture of me in my birthday suit may be "Art" but it sure isn't pretty.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Just playing with you Steve.

Rumour has it that my friend on the left MAY be MOD 1 ;-)

I'm not saying anything about male or female in case anyone gets upset ;-0

Live how you want to live !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry cris,but I agree with the others.This is not the place for risque pictures.Some time ago, one of the Land Rover magazines published a picture of a Land Rover (surprise), but in the picture were two topless ladies, native to the country where the picture was taken; in other words, their natural state of attire. That issue of the mag was put on the top shelf at newsagents!This forum is for caravanners, not voyeurs!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi cris

Whilst we agree on a lot of things cris - we will have to agree to differ on the picture thing if the one above is anything to go by.

I am certainly no prude and whilst there are two crosses masking the indicators of how cold it was that day, I do not think this picture appropriate for a caravan forum.

It is the sort of thing that gets sent round as an email attachment joke or whatever and that is ok.

But I have just cancelled my subscription to Land Rover World magazine because they have for some reason sudenly started placing female models that I have to say are the wrong side of young, showing suspenders/knickers etc., in the shots of Land Rover vehicles.

I find this odd in the extreme for some reason and have swapped my subscription to Land Rover monthly.

After all if I am going to be an "Anorak" I want to be one for the right reasons.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Emmo, nothing voyeuristic about what I've posted.

I have no desire to run around naked, what is on show for all to see in the news stand at my local BP station and what happens to be on show on camp sites and beaches is not there by my choice.

Nor is it to be "Ogled" or "Drooled" over, it is a fact of life and reality and I go about whatever my agenda is whatever I see!

A few times I have had to work around naked or near naked people, job to to Pal.

Seen "one" you've seen em all so to speak! ;-)

Nothing to worry about ;-( Or get all political about!

Feb 13, 2006
Visit site
Having run forums in the past there is nothing p***es off moderators more than having to deal with continual snipeing and bickering. I would never even have posted the practical caravan logo in a post if I knew it was going to cause such a storm in a tea cup.

Your Moddyship

accept my appols

To all others lets be sensible and keep on topic then these situations will not arise.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Have to say Clive that I should come clean, some of the photo's placed were far from what I would call tasteful.

The photo, I lodged before I censored it was done for a reason and a little experiment.

I realise that the Mods volunteer their services, but I do think they need to question their actions re what is acceptable on this site and how what we post may offend or scare away others!

Where the photo's are available is family used web sites! But the mod was quick to remove the healthy looking normal young ladies before those of the Obese and Physically Challenged it appeared!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi cris

Whilst we agree on a lot of things cris - we will have to agree to differ on the picture thing if the one above is anything to go by.

I am certainly no prude and whilst there are two crosses masking the indicators of how cold it was that day, I do not think this picture appropriate for a caravan forum.

It is the sort of thing that gets sent round as an email attachment joke or whatever and that is ok.

But I have just cancelled my subscription to Land Rover World magazine because they have for some reason sudenly started placing female models that I have to say are the wrong side of young, showing suspenders/knickers etc., in the shots of Land Rover vehicles.

I find this odd in the extreme for some reason and have swapped my subscription to Land Rover monthly.

After all if I am going to be an "Anorak" I want to be one for the right reasons.
I take offence at your remark Clive, ok, I might not be young, but I was one of the models :O(

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Emmo, nothing voyeuristic about what I've posted.

I have no desire to run around naked, what is on show for all to see in the news stand at my local BP station and what happens to be on show on camp sites and beaches is not there by my choice.

Nor is it to be "Ogled" or "Drooled" over, it is a fact of life and reality and I go about whatever my agenda is whatever I see!

A few times I have had to work around naked or near naked people, job to to Pal.

Seen "one" you've seen em all so to speak! ;-)

Nothing to worry about ;-( Or get all political about!
.....but what you cant seem to understand cris is by posting those pics on here its causing some of us to oggul n drewlllll. i cnt elhp it if iot as an ffaetc un mi.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Now it seems that LordB may be claiming to be the Mod ;-)

Well that explains a lot :)

And Brian says it's all his fault, very good of you Brian ;-0

So all we need now is a debate on who is bickering and snipeing, I reckon it's Mod1 ;-0 ;-0 ;-0 :)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
It wasn't your fault Brian Bear. When the pics started I realised it was only a matter of time before a pic like that was posted but I wasn't expecting it to be so quick. I'm not too sure what cris was thinking of, was it to test the boundaries of acceptance or the shock factor for other users. The latter probably with the effect that its sadly probably stopped the pic posting :O(

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Have to say Clive that I should come clean, some of the photo's placed were far from what I would call tasteful.

The photo, I lodged before I censored it was done for a reason and a little experiment.

I realise that the Mods volunteer their services, but I do think they need to question their actions re what is acceptable on this site and how what we post may offend or scare away others!

Where the photo's are available is family used web sites! But the mod was quick to remove the healthy looking normal young ladies before those of the Obese and Physically Challenged it appeared!
As ever the mod's job is to decide what is appropriate to a forum like ours, and what crosses the line of propriety.

We are all different and have different ideas on what is acceptable, so a mod can never please everyone when deciding such an issue. He/she just has to apply his/her best judgement in good faith.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Now it seems that LordB may be claiming to be the Mod ;-)

Well that explains a lot :)

And Brian says it's all his fault, very good of you Brian ;-0

So all we need now is a debate on who is bickering and snipeing, I reckon it's Mod1 ;-0 ;-0 ;-0 :)
... me the Mod?? lolol I have a job moderating myself without others cris.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts