To book or not to book??

Page 13 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Oops ive just checked my online bookings accounts and although I read Vat Reductions they are saying VAT will be shown on your receipt at time of payment. Apologies. But on the website CMHC are stating Vat will be charged at reduced rate.
We have not booked with any CMC sites so cannot comment on them.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We had to changed a booking something come up new dates
Thurs 5th Aug - Tues 10th Aug
at Chapel St Leonards

Attachments

• 10841_1.jpg
    10841_1.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 6
May 7, 2012
Visit site
If VAT is not shown and it rarely is then unless you know the they were quoting before the announcement you cannot tell if they have changed it.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Very happy to say most of next month is now booked away. A week on a fully serviced pitch at a CL near Harrogate, a week near Seahouses Northumberland on a commercial site recommended by PC v. Finally a week at Buxton. Again a commercial site FSP, in a stunning setting.
The current Covid regs say you must use your own on board facilities, until at least 17 th May. Hence our choice for all FSP. CAMC Buxton is a fine site but no FSP. I’ve not used a CAMC site for 4/5 years now other than their CLs which are very much the Jewell in the crown.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Very happy to say most of next month is now booked away. A week on a fully serviced pitch at a CL near Harrogate, a week near Seahouses Northumberland on a commercial site recommended by PC v. Finally a week at Buxton. Again a commercial site FSP, in a stunning setting.
The current Covid regs say you must use your own on board facilities, until at least 17 th May. Hence our choice for all FSP. CAMC Buxton is a fine site but no FSP. I’ve not used a CAMC site for 4/5 years now other than their CLs which are very much the Jewell in the crown.
Buxton is a nice site with a pleasant walk into the town itself.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
When we had the dogs walks through Grin Low Woods and the path to Solomon’s Temple made the CAMC site stay a must. I often wonder why CAMC haven’t developed more FSPs?
DD Buxton we often stop there with our Kip Kompakt at Grin Low CAMC it was great for our two dogs .especially the woods .

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Very happy to say most of next month is now booked away. A week on a fully serviced pitch at a CL near Harrogate,
Hi DD. We were fancying a trip to Harrogate. Can you share the name of the CL?
Email me if it is a closely guarded secret πŸ˜€
Thanks
Mel

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I’ve just booked a site in the Forest of Dean in early June. There will be myself, granddaughter and her friend on 9x9 m pitch with 50/50 hard and grass 16 amps. . The girls will be sleeping in a tent alongside the caravan. The site has an indoor pool, gym, spa, restaurant and bar. All for Β£20 per night.
The T&Cs for the stay are that certain activities are permitted. IE cycling, forest hikes, swimming, spa, eateries, and canoeing. But for me Go Ape and Segways are out. The latter as a very good friend has a nice new knee after smashing his very good OEM one when he fell off a Segway. ☹️

Reactions: Darren.H
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I’ve just booked a site in the Forest of Dean in early June. There will be myself, granddaughter and her friend on 9x9 m pitch with 50/50 hard and grass 16 amps. . The girls will be sleeping in a tent alongside the caravan. The site has an indoor pool, gym, spa, restaurant and bar. All for Β£20 per night.
The T&Cs for the stay are that certain activities are permitted. IE cycling, forest hikes, swimming, spa, eateries, and canoeing. But for me Go Ape and Segways are out. The latter as a very good friend has a nice new knee after smashing his very good OEM one when he fell off a Segway. ☹
Hi otherclive sounds great I hope you enjoy it very reasonable :)

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The T&Cs for the stay are that certain activities are permitted. IE cycling, forest hikes, swimming, spa, eateries, and canoeing. But for me Go Ape and Segways are out. The latter as a very good friend has a nice new knee after smashing his very good OEM one when he fell off a Segway. ☹
Name that place please.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
irony.balloons.finishing

CSMA. Site.

Used many times over the years. It’s nice, It wont be the case during the pandemic, but normally wise to find a pitch some distance from the function room as the sound can travel.

We used to have fantastic times there many years ago. Hundreds of vans on the rally field With organised β€œits a knock out”.

One summer, we had two days of constant rain. Even those with 4x4β€˜s could not get moving. It took about 5 hours with tractors to get everyone off and hosed before going on the road. An image I found amazing, is how easily the Quad bikes pulled twin axels through mud.

Enjoy, the forest walks from the site are great.

I fell out with that caravan dealer many years ago after a bodged repair. But tome moves on and things change.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
CSMA. Site.

Used many times over the years. It’s nice, It wont be the case during the pandemic, but normally wise to find a pitch some distance from the function room as the sound can travel.

We used to have fantastic times there many years ago. Hundreds of vans on the rally field With organised β€œits a knock out”.

One summer, we had two days of constant rain. Even those with 4x4β€˜s could not get moving. It took about 5 hours with tractors to get everyone off and hosed before going on the road. An image I found amazing, is how easily the Quad bikes pulled twin axels through mud.

Enjoy, the forest walks from the site are great.

I fell out with that caravan dealer many years ago after a bodged repair. But tome moves on and things change.

John
First went there in 1999 with our grandson, then took granddaughter too. We generally pitch in The Dell which is well away from the main recreation center, and that’s where I will be this time as the part hard, part grass pitches are there. It’s a nice place in a beautiful area. Even our son used to go to the nearby Fountain Inn bunkhouse with the Fazer club.

Reactions: Hutch and Jcloughie
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Wanted to book sites for June and found problems as Saturdays seemed to be fully booked most weekends. Ended up fitting us in but it was a struggle.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts