To book or not to book??

Page 12 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
About 12 years ago my sister organised a get together for our side of the family. Since then she has died along with my eldest brother. It was a smashing weekend using a small pub site in Shropshire.

Last week her daughter has organised a repeat. It looks like we will need 6 pitches and about 6 cabins. Depending on Scottish and Danish connections.

She approached the same site which has grown a little with cabins and bungalows. Surprisingly, at this time of the year. They can fit us in. And we will be using nearly all of their accommodation.

Really looking forward to it. But Marj is full of trepidation.

John
Hi John i hope you have a nice meet up sounds like a nice site

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I am trying to arange the Woosie fest for September , October, and at the moment seems no problems at the sites I am looking at, but thats after the kids go back to school.

Reactions: Parksy
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Provided it is a few weeks ahead it should work out, but personally I would stick with the caravans own facilities. Communal toilet blocks do look to be the biggest risk when we use sites.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Provided it is a few weeks ahead it should work out, but personally I would stick with the caravans own facilities. Communal toilet blocks do look to be the biggest risk when we use sites.
Yet nowhere have I seen any reports that caravan or camping sites led to outbreaks. We went to four sites between July and October last year and all had restrictions on number of toilets, sinks and showers All were cleaned at least three times per day and windows and doors were all wide open. Sanitiser bottles everywhere. Moreover people were being sensible. If there was a risk it would be hyperthermia.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
When you can use toilet facilities at sites i will be doing there more room in a disabled unit and it suits my needs , I will follow the restrictions and rules . and use the sanitiser outside .to each its own

Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
We have booked 2021
April 1 week
June a fortnight
From May to October, 8 weekends at our pitch and store location
October 1 week to book, havnt done so purely because we watch the weather that time of year booking the least rainy bit of Britain.😄
Family owned sites, Covid refunds

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have booked 2021
April 1 week
June a fortnight
From May to October, 8 weekends at our pitch and store location
October 1 week to book, havnt done so purely because we watch the weather that time of year booking the least rainy bit of Britain.😄
Family owned sites, Covid refunds
Hi Darren where is your pitch and store location has it got nice views

Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
Its beautiful, a quiet site a short hop from the A19 North of Thirsk.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Its beautiful, a quiet site a short hop from the A19 North of Thirsk.
Just look it up is that a fishing pond on site it looks lovely enjoy

Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
No i think its just a feature, seems the norm!
Different thread but Pitch and store has been a brilliant solution for us. We like to go away every third weekend, had a seasonal pitch but didn't really get best value from it. When we decided not to renew we looked for storage as our drive isn't big enough to accommodate the caravan full time, and lo and behold Pitch and Store came on the radar, never heard of it until then.
Had a Google, 1 phone call convinced me, paid for 1 years storage there and then.
We now simply book as arriving customers, same terms, arrive at 1pm depart etc, fine by us, booked 8 weekends for this year when the road map was announced.
Pitch and Store is an option that really needs promoting more.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I to have never heard of Pitch & Store but if we could get one on a Adult Park with a hardstanding service pitch and Toilets block then we might look into it in the future

Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
Have a Google
You need to sperate it.
So storage is one aspect we pay for, £445 a year in our case, the caravan goes into a compound at the side of the caravan site
Then we book as per any customer would and pay the appropriate night fees etc, arrive as per terms, but the BIG BUT is when we arrive they have put the caravan on the pitch for us, absolutely brilliant!

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Have a Google
You need to sperate it.
So storage is one aspect we pay for, £445 a year in our case, the caravan goes into a compound at the side of the caravan site
Then we book as per any customer would and pay the appropriate night fees etc, arrive as per terms, but the BIG BUT is when we arrive they have put the caravan on the pitch for us, absolutely brilliant!
Hi Darren Thanks for your help in this matter I hope we can meet up sometime (y)

Reactions: Darren.H
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
About 12 years ago my sister organised a get together for our side of the family. Since then she has died along with my eldest brother. It was a smashing weekend using a small pub site in Shropshire.

Last week her daughter has organised a repeat. It looks like we will need 6 pitches and about 6 cabins. Depending on Scottish and Danish connections.

She approached the same site which has grown a little with cabins and bungalows. Surprisingly, at this time of the year. They can fit us in. And we will be using nearly all of their accommodation.

Really looking forward to it. But Marj is full of trepidation.

John

We have now booked. Looks like there will be about 27 of us. The site is being very accommodating. They will not take any deposit as they cant be sure what will be happening at the time.

John

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
This might be a suitable site for you to consider.

John
Hi John I always like Bridgnorth my wife love going to Telford our seasonal caravan was based near Shrewsbury it was Adult park hard standing / grass service pitches plus fishing and this site did not come with Toilets and we were there four years .

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcloughie
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
If you book a site now is it 5% VAT or 20%? WE have made 4 bookings with different sites and none of them show the VAT?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
5% until end September 2021. Then 12.5% until end March 2022. CMHC/CCC are passing on the savings and their invoices show the reduced rates. But frankly any sites could show the reduced rates and increase the per diem rate and you’d be hard pressed to spot it. But business has to start recovering its losses and it will not just be caravan sites. We are mainly influenced by location and our required facilities. But price per night is a decider if there’s more than one site for choice.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
5% until end September 2021. Then 12.5% until end March 2022. CMHC/CCC are passing on the savings and their invoices show the reduced rates. But frankly any sites could show the reduced rates and increase the per diem rate and you’d be hard pressed to spot it. But business has to start recovering its losses and it will not just be caravan sites. We are mainly influenced by location and our required facilities. But price per night is a decider if there’s more than one site for choice.
Shouldn't the VAT be shown on a receipt? I guess you could always ask for a VAT receipt?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Shouldn't the VAT be shown on a receipt? I guess you could always ask for a VAT receipt?
Oops ive just checked my online bookings accounts and although I read Vat Reductions they are saying VAT will be shown on your receipt at time of payment. Apologies. But on the website CMHC are stating Vat will be charged at reduced rate.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts