To book or not to book??

Page 10 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Never knew the National Trust had sites. The only NT property we have stayed on is Tredegar House but the CAMH had this before the NT took over the house. Many of their properties have plenty of room and they could easily expand the numbers and get some more income. I would assume both clubs would be interested if they offered suitable locations.

Tredegar house is NT, but the caravan site is CAMH. I am not sure, but I think the land is owned by Newport council.

John

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
The NT, one we like to use Houghton Mill, near to Huntingdon, was an ex CC site, very good standard, but no hard standings, just grass. With Electric.
Houghton Mill site was always owned by NT, but leased to CC on a managed arrangement - and now managed directly by NT.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Never knew the National Trust had sites. The only NT property we have stayed on is Tredegar House but the CAMH had this before the NT took over the house. Many of their properties have plenty of room and they could easily expand the numbers and get some more income. I would assume both clubs would be interested if they offered suitable locations.
There was a CL in Stourhead and another at a NT in Dorset.

Feb 6, 2021
Visit site
Hi Chris it our first time but l have a friend who recommended the site to me and l am looking forward to our stay

you‘ll love it. Gorgeous site. Lovely people too. Friends of ours since we first went in 2012 after they’d just taken it over. The look from then to now is amazing. Worth looking online for them.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
you‘ll love it. Gorgeous site. Lovely people too. Friends of ours since we first went in 2012 after they’d just taken it over. The look from then to now is amazing. Worth looking online for them.
Hi Chris we have book a service pitch near the toilet block we like Pickering but i will be taking my portable mobility scooter with us because it hilly

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just been looking at a nice site and noticed that high season is now 1May to 31 September, and £32 pn hard standing plus electric. Continue looking.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Just been looking at a nice site and noticed that high season is now 1May to 31 September, and £32 pn hard standing plus electric. Continue looking.
I booked 2Oth May in St Ives for 4 nights and £27.50 per night PLUS £4.00 per night for the dog!!
Multi service pitch on grass, I picked grass because I like grass ...really feels like I'm away caravaning and not stopping on a car park (Hardstanding) :)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I booked 2Oth May in St Ives for 4 nights and £27.50 per night PLUS £4.00 per night for the dog!!
Multi service pitch on grass, I picked grass because I like grass ...really feels like I'm away caravaning and not stopping on a car park (Hardstanding) :)
That’s good price. The £32 did not include dogs or awnings.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Where we are stopping in June it £27 per night plus £1 per night each dog that for a fully service hard standing pitch Awning are free and WIFI is free

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Is that St Ives in Cornwall or Cambridgeshire?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Prices do seem to have gone up this year. Looking at the magazines best sites guide, £40 appears the cost in high season at many sites and some are more.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Prices do seem to have gone up this year. Looking at the magazines best sites guide, £40 appears the cost in high season at many sites and some are more.
Hi Ray I to have notice prices have gone up we look around more now for a reasonable price that includes the awning and the dogs ,to each its own

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I haven"t been to St lves in Cornwall but Cambridge one yes it a great place we stopped at Stroud Hill park caravan site Pidley
Lovely bridge over the River Great Ouse, with a chapel built on it - note that one of the arches was reconstructed differently to the others as it had been removed during the Civil war - before the Dutch drained the Fens, the river used to be tidal up to that bridge.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Lovely bridge over the River Great Ouse, with a chapel built on it - note that one of the arches was reconstructed differently to the others as it had been removed during the Civil war - before the Dutch drained the Fens, the river used to be tidal up to that bridge.
Hi Roger that was fantastic my wife took the dogs for walk to have a look and i park up and waited at a cafe

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts