To book or not to book??

Page 8 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I’ve just booked for the Easter weekend at Tudor Park at slimbridge, we have 3 cancelled bookings at 3 sites to rebook so fingers crossed this one will go ahead, I’m soaking up as much optimism that I come across, so keep all the good vibes coming my way.

BP
We are only a 2 - 3 miles away on a CMC CL. We enjoy that area for short breaks.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I’ve just booked for the Easter weekend at Tudor Park at slimbridge, we have 3 cancelled bookings at 3 sites to rebook so fingers crossed this one will go ahead, I’m soaking up as much optimism that I come across, so keep all the good vibes coming my way.

BP
Hi Beehpee look at this site but hoping someone would stop on here and tell me what it like

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi Beehpee look at this site but hoping someone would stop on here and tell me what it like
We have stayed there and it is a very nice site with a pub on the premises and next to the Sharpness canal. Lots to see and do in the area.
BTW avoid the Black rat cider as it was a kick that makes mule loook like an amateur.
Also just down the road there is a CL Moorend farm which has fully serviced pitches. You have water hookup and the waste water can drain into the ditch at the back of the caravan. A lot cheaper than Slimbridge.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I’ve been there before and loved it, shame there’s no serviced but occasionally without makes you realise what your missing, the pub is just as you come out the gate and as good as on site, good thing about the pub is good food and dogs allowed inside as well, nice outdoor area, slim ridge water fowl site just up the road we didn’t go there so no idea what’s there, all in all a good all round site that when we went it was immaculate.

BP

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I’ve been there before and loved it, shame there’s no serviced but occasionally without makes you realise what your missing, the pub is just as you come out the gate and as good as on site, good thing about the pub is good food and dogs allowed inside as well, nice outdoor area, slim ridge water fowl site just up the road we didn’t go there so no idea what’s there, all in all a good all round site that when we went it was immaculate.

BP
The Slimbridge Wild Fowl center is well worth a visit. Suitable for all age ranges and interest from a nice outing to Twitchers are Us.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have stayed there and it is a very nice site with a pub on the premises and next to the Sharpness canal. Lots to see and do in the area.
BTW avoid the Black rat cider as it was a kick that makes mule loook like an amateur.
Also just down the road there is a CL Moorend farm which has fully serviced pitches. You have water hookup and the waste water can drain into the ditch at the back of the caravan. A lot cheaper than Slimbridge.
Hi Buckman I taken a note of that CL looks interesting :)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi otherclive Made a note of this when we are down there
In Spring through to Autumn it’s nice just meandering around the bird enclosures with the flower beds looking good. It’s all very good for accessibility. There are good gently pathways down to the outer areas where there are hides and the wild birds can be seen out on the salt marshes. In winter the migrant Bewick and Whooper swans make a fabulous sight as they come into the large pond at the Center for afternoon “tea”.

Reactions: Beachball

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
There was a segment on Channel 5 News at Five filmed at Swift Caravans where their commercial director spoke about unprecedented demand for tourers, with Swift being sold out until September.
A gent from Practical Caravan who's name I didn't catch also spoke about fully booked sites and a scarcity of availability.
The news article even managed to show the inside of a new caravan with the reporter making very positive comments instead of the usual derogatory rubbish that TV comes up with in relation to touring caravans.
It's nice to see something positive but the news segment could potentially increase demand, so it might be a good idea not to leave it too late to book your pitches this year.

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
There was a segment on Channel 5 News at Five filmed at Swift Caravans where their commercial director spoke about unprecedented demand for tourers, with Swift being sold out until September.
A gent from Practical Caravan who's name I didn't catch also spoke about fully booked sites and a scarcity of availability.
The news article even managed to show the inside of a new caravan with the reporter making very positive comments instead of the usual derogatory rubbish that TV comes up with in relation to touring caravans.
It's nice to see something positive but the news segment could potentially increase demand, so it might be a good idea not to leave it too late to book your pitches this year.

Let’s hope then that kids do go back to school so at least that section of the touring/camping community cannot get out during the weekdays of term time.

Reactions: Parksy
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
In Spring through to Autumn it’s nice just meandering around the bird enclosures with the flower beds looking good. It’s all very good for accessibility. There are good gently pathways down to the outer areas where there are hides and the wild birds can be seen out on the salt marshes. In winter the migrant Bewick and Whooper swans make a fabulous sight as they come into the large pond at the Center for afternoon “tea”.
Hi otherclive Thanks for the information it sounds great

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

BP
Hi Beehpee the only thing that might put us off we like serviced pitches but the input was great

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
When we were there which was probably about 4 years ago the cafe by the canal was going to close but may not have ever closed and besides that it was a bit rough and ready but it was a great walk along the canal.

BP

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
When we were there which was probably about 4 years ago the cafe by the canal was going to close but may not have ever closed and besides that it was a bit rough and ready but it was a great walk along the canal.

BP
Hi Beehpee I would have to agree it nice for walking the dogs along a canal

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I officially become a senior citizen on 30th of June although I don’t intend to fully retire, I’ll probably do 2-3 days a week when weather is reasonable and when it’s not ideal for me to be caravanning I’ll do more so I’ve decided to make some bookings to make the most of living this far through COVID, I’ve got 6 weeks in total booked, starting with a week in Tudor caravan park nr Slimbridge, then I’ve been recommended to try Waleswood caravan park nr Sheffield, then a three week trip to mablethorpe which is an area we like, still lots of things to see in that area, then finally SO FAR.....a week at Rutland caravan park, all of this is dependent on Boris, being a glass half full person I’ve every confidence in each trip being ok, but as said previously if Boris gives the go ahead and I live to get away, brilliant, if I don’t get away but if I live to know I didn’t get away then I’ve still had a result so I’m going to book as many more trips as I can, there’s lots of places I want to see in the UK so I’ll keep looking and see what other places take my fancy, have a great safe time to all.

BP

Feb 6, 2021
Visit site
I’m in two minds weather to book or not. We probs will Stay within an hour or two of home at our usual sites which usually have plenty of room so not to worried yet kinda wondering if to wait til lockdown is over or to start thinking ahead.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I’m in two minds weather to book or not. We probs will Stay within an hour or two of home at our usual sites which usually have plenty of room so not to worried yet kinda wondering if to wait til lockdown is over or to start thinking ahead.
Hi Chris I would booked some then you will be able go for a relaxing break when this lockdown is over .

Feb 6, 2021
Visit site
Yeh but when, that’s the problem. Being on furlough at present I cant just go back to work and then be off again. problem is I’ve actually got loads of days to take too due to last years cancelled ones being carried over. Only a small team of us though so can’t easily take them.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeh but when, that’s the problem. Being on furlough at present I cant just go back to work and then be off again. problem is I’ve actually got loads of days to take too due to last years cancelled ones being carried over. Only a small team of us though so can’t easily take them.
Hi Chris just take each day as come and keep positive .

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Not booking anywhere at the moment, not that I dont want to it's all down to work commitments at the moment, but one thing is for sure I
will be staying in my van this year, just bought a new battery, so even if I set the awning up on the front lawn with the van on the drive I will use it!!!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thats it Kev, keep the faith, we are going to get down to The Abbey, to get some "liquid heaven" so I will give you a shout a month before to see if we can get together somewhere, try and get the Dusty dog down as well.

Reactions: Gagakev

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts