To book or not to book??

Page 6 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
This came in a email to me many of you will be disappointed.... Caravan and Motorhome club that are in Tier 3 these sites will remain closed and no new bookings so at least with Tier 1 and 2 the club is getting some income.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Well thanks to the chap who advises HMG West Yorkshire is now Tier 3, worse than London. That’s the end of January’s family meet up. Now hoping for March or April.
BTW visits to Santa have also been cancelled😢😢😢

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Well thanks to the chap who advises HMG West Yorkshire is now Tier 3, worse than London. That’s the end of January’s family meet up. Now hoping for March or April.
BTW visits to Santa have also been cancelled😢😢😢

As we probably cannot visit Wales before Christmas to see SIL, it looks like we will need to use a courier at a cost. :(

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Same here. You can imagine the size of the girls presents and boxes! Currently looking into it with Hermes. Any other ideas? I expect the costs will be astronomical😢😢

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
As we probably cannot visit Wales before Christmas to see SIL, it looks like we will need to use a courier at a cost. :(
We have similar problem with son and partner. Will see what Mr Drakeford announces. Otherwise it’s a meet at Aust services car park. No problem if we are en route to Ireland !! We have cut right back on Xmas. No son, no grandson and partner. Daughter who get two test a week on the wards is ok. Granddaughter will probably exit school early and she will come. Probably no overnight stays but quite frankly they represent low risk if family duo are here during day. It’s the best balance as I am aware of daughters and grand daughters wider needs. My BIL won’t come as he’s not well to travel. My brother won’t ever come again after his son found he had died yesterday.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Did I read that last sentence correctly Clive?
I am so sorry to hear that very sad news about your brother. What a shock for your nephew.
Our condolences from Cricklade to you and the family. Very sad indeed on top of all the other bad news we keep getting.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Did I read that last sentence correctly Clive?
I am so sorry to hear that very sad news about your brother. What a shock for your nephew.
Our condolences from Cricklade to you and the family. Very sad indeed on top of all the other bad news we keep getting.
Dusty thank you. Yes he was only 64 and had numerous health problems. But still unexpected.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
To-day the very first vaccine was given to a 90 year old lady. It was stated that her protection would on become fully effective on or around 5th January and was contingent on her having the second dose in 21 days. This means its about 4 weeks for the body to produce enough antibodies.

It should be remembered its going to take several months before the majority of the population will have received the vaccine. Until at least 60% of the population have received the vaccine C19 is still going to remain a serious threat.

C19 is going to continue to affect site openings, and other tourist facilities, and of course there may also be restrictions on travelling for non essential purposes in various parts of the country at different times. I see disruption to the caravanning fraternity for at least 9 months and possibly beyond.

I would suggest that if you are trying to book a pitch, get guarantees of refunds or if you are prepared to accept booking credits for a later date.

And don't forget to stay safe, and if in doubt, don't go.

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I am with you Prof, I have no plans to book any sites for the coming year, we are just going to take things as they come. Don't let your guard slip.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm a glass half full type of person myself.
When it's our turn to be vaccinated we'll be first in the queue, but in the meantime we maintain social distancing, wash our hands constantly, wear masks and leave letters and parcels for at least three days before we open them, and we wash our hands again afterwards.
In spite of this C19 crisis we've booked holidays in April, May, June, July, August and September for 2021.
We might fit in some long weekends in between the week and fortnight holidays if travel restrictions permit.
We want to make sure that 2020 becomes a distant memory, we intend to be on our chosen pitches on the sites that we like the best, and hopefully our deposits and some fees that we paid might help these sites to keep going throughout this crisis.
I don't anticipate losing our money whatever happens with travel restrictions, our chosen sites are all reputable businesses that we've dealt with before.
If we do lose out, hey ho, in the wider scheme of things there are worse things that could happen.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We have visited two CMHC sites and two private sites since they reopened in July. Even on the big Malvern site which was full people were being very sensible. In fact in all four sites we had no reservations regarding our well being. Apart from going into one pub in Welland which was very compliant we stayed away from cafes, shops etc. So like Parksy we have three sites booked next year between March and June. The glas has to be kept half full otherwise you are never going to get it back to a full head.

Reactions: Parksy
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well we have visit three sites but one site we only had a couple nights had a problem with van so we had to come home early and also my wife has work commitments (Nurse) helping with Covid 19
But we have booked April , June, August and September next season and we have paid deposits and some were transfered from this year my glass is only quarter full so far .

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
When it's our turn to be vaccinated we'll be first in the queue, but in the meantime we maintain social distancing, wash our hands constantly, wear masks and leave letters and parcels for at least three days before we open them, and we wash our hands again afterwards.
In spite of this C19 crisis we've booked holidays in April, May, June, July, August and September for 2021.
We might fit in some long weekends in between the week and fortnight holidays if travel restrictions permit.
We want to make sure that 2020 becomes a distant memory, we intend to be on our chosen pitches on the sites that we like the best, and hopefully our deposits and some fees that we paid might help these sites to keep going throughout this crisis.
I don't anticipate losing our money whatever happens with travel restrictions, our chosen sites are all reputable businesses that we've dealt with before.
If we do lose out, hey ho, in the wider scheme of things there are worse things that could happen.

We are with you. ( figuratively not literally) We have booked France in June! Tunnel, sites , the lot. Shorter trips in the UK also in the pipeline.
mel

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site

Agree completely in theory, however, we will not be booking just yet as we have never been very good a forward planning. always leave arrangements nearly to the last minute. Even foreign bookings are around February.

John

Last edited:
Reactions: Parksy

TRENDING THREADS