To book or not to book??

Page 5 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have 14 nights booked for next Sept at Black Knowl in Brockenhurst, will be great.
Had a week away last week in Llanbedr, not in our van but had a lodge, site was very quiet and well set up for distancing, as was the local pub.
We are away to Shrewsbury on the 5th Dec for 3 nights, trying to get away when time allows and it’s safe to do so.

Kev
Hi Kev you like Shrewsbury there is easy access and plenty of places to visit . eg Ludlow Castle is nice .

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Hi Kev you like Shrewsbury there is easy access and plenty of places to visit . eg Ludlow Castle is nice .

Shrewsbury is only a gentle 30 mins from us so perfect.
This stay is to use 3 nights we had booked that clashed with first lockdown (lovetostay).

Kev

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Shrewsbury is only a gentle 30 mins from us so perfect.
This stay is to use 3 nights we had booked that clashed with first lockdown (lovetostay).

Kev
Hi Kev Do you live in that area our seasonal van was on the border of mid wales and for four years we love it so much we are going to Daisybank Snead Montgomery in June 2021

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Good news, no thanks to Covid, we are now booked into a Yorkshire CL, fully serviced , for 16th January. They kindly transferred next weeks booking.
It is only £16 a night , very good , but electricity is on a £1 slot meter. At cost price I am assured. I’m happy with that. Any boffins want to tell me how much it will cost a day roughly, assuming fridge tv etc plus heating at 12 hours on 2kw?

Nov 4, 2007
Visit site
Good news, no thanks to Covid, we are now booked into a Yorkshire CL, fully serviced , for 16th January. They kindly transferred next weeks booking.
It is only £16 a night , very good , but electricity is on a £1 slot meter. At cost price I am assured. I’m happy with that. Any boffins want to tell me how much it will cost a day roughly, assuming fridge tv etc plus heating at 12 hours on 2kw?
Last time we stayed on a CL in winter with £1 slot meters we paid £5 per day.

Reactions: Dustydog
Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Having a mooch on CMHC site earlier for mid May, availability filling up fast to be fair.
I’ve booked one night in Bladen Chains followed by 6 nights in Black Knowl and a further night in Bladen Chains for the return trip.
I look forward to going and paying my respects to Mr Churchill.

Kev

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Having a mooch on CMHC site earlier for mid May, availability filling up fast to be fair.
I’ve booked one night in Bladen Chains followed by 6 nights in Black Knowl and a further night in Bladen Chains for the return trip.
I look forward to going and paying my respects to Mr Churchill.

Kev
I started out looking at 2 weeks in May at Castleton CMHC. Finished up on a CL on North York Moors. But very much looking forward to visiting a new area.

Reactions: Kevin M
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Dusty i hope you have a nice time in yorkshire in January 2021 :)

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have 14 nights booked for next Sept at Black Knowl in Brockenhurst, will be great.
Had a week away last week in Llanbedr, not in our van but had a lodge, site was very quiet and well set up for distancing, as was the local pub.
We are away to Shrewsbury on the 5th Dec for 3 nights, trying to get away when time allows and it’s safe to do so.

Kev
Hi Kev That one place we haven"t been is Brockenhurst also let me know how you get one ( so i hope you have great break )

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Hi Kev That one place we haven"t been is Brockenhurst also let me know how you get one ( so i hope you have great break )

Apart from this year, we have been there for at least a week every year since my 23 year old Daughter was born, love the place and opportunities for forest walking and cycling.
Some great forest sites there but we prefer the Black Knowl.

Kev

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Doesn’t look like Love2Stay is an option for us in Dec so I’ve just booked Lady Margaret’s in Chirk (5th Dec for 3 nights).
Not too far to travel and great walking in the castle grounds and on the towpath.

Kev

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Doesn’t look like Love2Stay is an option for us in Dec so I’ve just booked Lady Margaret’s in Chirk (5th Dec for 3 nights).
Not too far to travel and great walking in the castle grounds and on the towpath.

Kev
Hi Kev at least it a break Chirk nice have a look at the Castle enjoy your break.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Isn’t Chirk in Wales? CCC are keeping their Welsh sites closed for the season, yet CMHC are open post 9 Nov.!, Strange times indeed it makes planning anything difficult and any spontaneity has long gone 👍

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Isn’t Chirk in Wales? CCC are keeping their Welsh sites closed for the season, yet CMHC are open post 9 Nov.!, Strange times indeed it makes planning anything difficult and any spontaneity has long gone 👍

It is in Wales Clive, it’s a CMHC site so opened as you say post 9th.
It’s just down the road so an easy weekend away.
We were planning Love2Stay and their online booking is taking bookings post lockdown but as they are in tier 2 I wouldn’t have a clue if we can go!

Kev

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It is in Wales Clive, it’s a CMHC site so opened as you say post 9th.
It’s just down the road so an easy weekend away.
We were planning Love2Stay and their online booking is taking bookings post lockdown but as they are in tier 2 I wouldn’t have a clue if we can go!

Kev
The detailed regs don’t seem to address caravan sites at the moment, but I guess the Clubs have elicited guidance one way or another. We are going into Tier 2 and from my reading hospitality will be open as long as it serves a proper meal. But we cannot meet two friends for a breakfast and certainly not at their house. Strange old world. So we plan to visit my wife’s brother in Coventry before it drops into Tier 3. He’s had a very difficult time of it and apart from his carers he’s got no one else, and again has only recently been released from hospital. I class the visit as compassionate despite it not being strictly within the present guidance.

Reactions: Kevin M

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts