To book or not to book??

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
This was recommend by some friends We are stopping at Abermarlais caravan and camping park Llangadog Carmarthenshire We are on the edge of the Brecons Beacons national park our two dogs are looking forward to that.

Reactions: Hutch
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
My brother john said when you are there you must have a day out at Tenby but it depends if it hilly because i might have to take my travel mobility scooter

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
My brother john said when you are there you must have a day out at Tenby but it depends if it hilly because i might have to take my travel mobility scooter
Parking can be very difficult at Tenby BB, the traffic wardens are zealous and you'll need your mobility scooter.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Lovely place but gets quite crowded and the beaches are restricted to dogs fir a long period of the season.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
North Norfolk for end June early July.
Scotland a defo but not sure when.
France? No . They may not let me back into the U.K.😇😇
Easy parking at NT Morston Quay then short walk along coast path to Blakney Stathie. Fabulous little seafood trailer in the car park. Whelks to die for, but one of the dogs rejected one of mine, whilst the other was ready to snaffle up the oyster I’d put down besides me.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Lovely place but gets quite crowded and the beaches are restricted to dogs fir a long period of the season.
Hi OC it look nice but the dogs would not be going on that beach but we checked about Saundersfoot beach dogs are not allowed from May 1st to Sept 31st we have been advice to take them to nearby Glen beach on other side of the working habour the dogs are allowed all year around very much appreciated for any information

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi OC it look nice but the dogs would not be going on that beach but we checked about Saundersfoot beach dogs are not allowed from May 1st to Sept 31st we have been advice to take them to nearby Glen beach on other side of the working habour the dogs are allowed all year around very much appreciated for any information
Looking out to sea you can take them to the left hand end of Saundersfoot. We were there in summer 2019;;

Reactions: Beachball
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Looking out to sea you can take them to the left hand end of Saundersfoot. We were there in summer 2019;;
PS the car park for that section of is along beach is right along going parallel to buildings, apartments etc on your left until you reach a cafe holiday bikes etc center. Copper Hall beach center. Less crowded than the town Center car parks and the leisure complex has facilities etc.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
We’ve pushed the boat out starting in about 3 weeks, having been shielded and all the COVID restrictions we decided that this is going to be us getting away as much as we can, I’ve got a long weekend booked in December then again for new years eve and then early February for another long weekend, I retire June so we’ve also booked 3 weeks in Mablethorpe to get retirement of to a good start, I’m going to start making a list of places we want to visit on the east coast, must be loads that will be good to see, we all deserve to get as much use of our caravans as we can.

BP

May 2, 2020
Visit site
We’ve pushed the boat out starting in about 3 weeks, having been shielded and all the COVID restrictions we decided that this is going to be us getting away as much as we can, I’ve got a long weekend booked in December then again for new years eve and then early February for another long weekend, I retire June so we’ve also booked 3 weeks in Mablethorpe to get retirement of to a good start, I’m going to start making a list of places we want to visit on the east coast, must be loads that will be good to see, we all deserve to get as much use of our caravans as we can.

BP
Nice one
We went into semi retirement a couple of years ago and use van as much as house, we mainly go on the east coast, loads of nice scenery and very nice beaches and locals.
Enjoy
👍👍👍

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Nice one
We went into semi retirement a couple of years ago and use van as much as house, we mainly go on the east coast, loads of nice scenery and very nice beaches and locals.
Enjoy
👍👍👍
When I retired, we decided to a bit more touring of the UK, we still done a couple of six week tours of France, but with trying to get on top of dental appointments and hospital appointment that suddenly seem to appear, we hardly managed to get away. BP , I hope it all goes well for your intended trips, and maybe make a Woosie fest when I get things sorted.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
We may well join you woosies when the COVID issue gets sorted, one of the big attractions of caravaning is that you can have a fabulous time and keep isolated which currently is what we all have to do, and it is a pastime that gives unlimited opportunities to meet and make likeminded friends so easily, conversations spring up on a daily basis and people from all walks of life stop to pass the time.

BP

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
When I retired, we decided to a bit more touring of the UK, we still done a couple of six week tours of France, but with trying to get on top of dental appointments and hospital appointment that suddenly seem to appear, we hardly managed to get away. BP , I hope it all goes well for your intended trips, and maybe make a Woosie fest when I get things sorted.
Hi Hutch That one place we like go to is France but the most we could do is a three week tour getting down to the ferry and back stopping somewhere on route . Do you think it would be better to go with the caravan and motorhome club on a package ?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi Hutch That one place we like go to is France but the most we could do is a three week tour getting down to the ferry and back stopping somewhere on route . Do you think it would be better to go with the caravan and motorhome club on a package ?
Undoubtedly yes. The CMHC do a wide range of sites plus deals on ferries and insurance too. We were due to travel in 2018 and at very short notice we had to cancel. The Club offered to rebook us but that wasn’t feasible. So instead it was cancelled. We only lost a few nights fees which had already been paid at 7 nights prior to departure, but as we didn’t claim on the insurance we got a full refund of the Red Pennant insurance fees and ferry fees. They were really helpful in sorting everything out and quickly too. Just what you need when things go topsy turvy.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Undoubtedly yes. The CMHC do a wide range of sites plus deals on ferries and insurance too. We were due to travel in 2018 and at very short notice we had to cancel. The Club offered to rebook us but that wasn’t feasible. So instead it was cancelled. We only lost a few nights fees which had already been paid at 7 nights prior to departure, but as we didn’t claim on the insurance we got a full refund of the Red Pennant insurance fees and ferry fees. They were really helpful in sorting everything out and quickly too. Just what you need when things go topsy turvy.
Hi OC You have put my mind at rest i thought they would do a excellent package the Red Pennant insurance fees and ferry looks like a way forward in case you have a refund i have driven on the right but only with a automatic car in spain .

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We are also going to Daisy Bank for 4 nights in June on the way back from South Wales had our booking transfered from this year with our deposit .
Take Care Keep Safe Everyone

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
PS the car park for that section of is along beach is right along going parallel to buildings, apartments etc on your left until you reach a cafe holiday bikes etc center. Copper Hall beach center. Less crowded than the town Center car parks and the leisure complex has facilities etc.
Hi OC Thanks for the information about looking out to sea my wife will keep to left hand end at Saundesfoot beach with the dogs also about the car park near the beach much appreciated .

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
April we are going to Low moor head caravan park Carlisle CMHC 5 C/L we look at the reviews they look excellent .
5 hardstanding super pitches .

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I should have added that the worst thing about travelling from West Midlands to Cumbria or Scotland is the M6. I dislike travelling on that road at any time. Once past Preston it is not too bad.
Good reason for us to head east, est or south and to avoid going north. LOL! :ROFLMAO:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts