Toilet housing info required

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
Please see attached the part that has an x on it is missing whats it called and any info where i can get a replacement please

Attachments

• toilet.jpg
    toilet.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 38
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
From memory, it is just a cover for a small compartment to hold small bottles of toilet fluid. All will work well without it.

John

JRT

May 5, 2024
Visit site
It also makes the housing more difficult to clean than it needs be.

My understanding is also that it relates to the optional venting kit, that I've never noticed fitted to any van though I'm sure there must be some with the kits fitted.

I too wouldn't bother replacing.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Not yet found a container of toilet fluid that will fit in that tiny space. I can see no earthly reason for it myself.

I used to have miniature Thetford ones. I think they were in the compartment when the van was new. I kept them there for emergencies. They were never used. They were included in the van

Perhaps I should have put them on eBay. 🤓

John

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It also makes the housing more difficult to clean than it needs be.

My understanding is also that it relates to the optional venting kit, that I've never noticed fitted to any van though I'm sure there must be some with the kits fitted.

I too wouldn't bother replacing.
As shown being fitted in #6 above. But I’d prefer a Gerberit system.

Nov 4, 2007
Visit site
Please see attached the part that has an x on it is missing whats it called and any info where i can get a replacement please
I may be wrong but I think that part is there for a reason.
The raised section lines up with a spring loaded mechanism that opens a vent in the holding tank.
If you use you the toilet with the emptying blade shut then when you open the blade to empty the contents into the holding tank the air in the holding tank escapes through the vent.
If that part is missing (therefore the vent is shut) meaning as the toilet contents go into the holding tank the air it displaces comes up into the toilet bowl splashing contents in all directions. . Don't ask me how I know. . .
If you use your toilet with the blade open there is no problem with that part missing.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I may be wrong but I think that part is there for a reason.
The raised section lines up with a spring loaded mechanism that opens a vent in the holding tank.
If you use you the toilet with the emptying blade shut then when you open the blade to empty the contents into the holding tank the air in the holding tank escapes through the vent.
If that part is missing (therefore the vent is shut) meaning as the toilet contents go into the holding tank the air it displaces comes up into the toilet bowl splashing contents in all directions. . Don't ask me how I know. . .
If you use your toilet with the blade open there is no problem with that part missing.
The Pull handle on the cassette, retracts under the cassette , so I don't think there is any vent to be opened.

Nov 4, 2007
Visit site
The Pull handle on the cassette, retracts under the cassette , so I don't think there is any vent to be opened.
Next time your holding tank is empty have a look underneath. You should see the spring loaded gizmo that opens the vent. When the holding tank is removed for emptying the vent shuts to avoid spillage.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Next time your holding tank is empty have a look underneath. You should see the spring loaded gizmo that opens the vent. When the holding tank is removed for emptying the vent shuts to avoid spillage.
Well you learn something every day, maybe someone, with a cassette handy can post a photo.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Here’s a photo of the underside of my C260. Hutch’s photo shows the previous model which is different to mine.

Still don’t know which one the OP has?

Looking at the pic you can see the circular cross piece. This is a plunger which opens a pressure relief valve at top of the cassette.
Looking at the OP pic you can see the white floor round / cross piece is raised and I can assure you it does raise the plunger.
Therefore I suggest the OP needs to replace the cover to help avoid an explosive blow out 🙈

Attachments

• IMG_9132.jpeg
    IMG_9132.jpeg
    174.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9131.jpeg
    IMG_9131.jpeg
    214.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9130.jpeg
    IMG_9130.jpeg
    504.5 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Danddandy
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Here’s a photo of the underside of my C260. Hutch’s photo shows the previous model which is different to mine.

Still don’t know which one the OP has?

Looking at the pic you can see the circular cross piece. This is a plunger which opens a pressure relief valve at top of the cassette.
Looking at the OP pic you can see the white floor round / cross piece is raised and I can assure you it does raise the plunger.
Therefore I suggest the OP needs to replace the cover to help avoid an explosive blow out 🙈
But in Johns video, of the C220, the automatic valve is in a different place, and the bottom plate is Not present.
We need Breeze to tell us which cassette he has fitted.

The question is still where can he get a replacement cover.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
But in Johns video, of the C220, the automatic valve is in a different place, and the bottom plate is Not present.
We need Breeze to tell us which cassette he has fitted.

The question is still where can he get a replacement cover.
John’s video is of the much older system replaced at least 15 years ago by the C250 and C260. I think Breeze and I have the same units .
He will no doubt tell us.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Ok, I have been bored, Thetford vent plate, 57304 is discontinued.
But vent plate 5730462 is supposedly available below.
Ok, I have been bored, Thetford vent plate, 57304 is discontinued.
But vent plate 5730462 is supposedly available below.
Bored 🙀Surely it’s beer o’clock🍺🍺

Reactions: Hutch

TRENDING THREADS