Toilet wast

Dec 2, 2018
Visit site
Got the caravan out today ,going away this weekend I pulled the toilet wast and it felt jammed ,came out with a good pull ,is there something I should grease.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
This is not going to be very much help...but we had a similar problem. The guy who does our mobile servicing looked at it and fixed it. He said that he had “reset it” and it didn’t need any parts so charged us very little. Works great now. Unfortunately we were not there when he did it so cannot say what he did, but I don’t think it involved greasing anything. Told you it wasn’t much help but if you google resetting a caravan toilet it may throw light.
Mel

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
if you didn`t close the blade from inside the van and pulled the holding tank out with force then you have moved the mechanism under the bowl,maybe even stripped some fixings.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Burn said:
if you didn`t close the blade from inside the van and pulled the holding tank out with force then you have moved the mechanism under the bowl,maybe even stripped some fixings.

I can't help but think that Burn has made a valid observation.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Burn said:

Totally agree. Never tug it out as something will break. Always go back and check the blade is fully shut.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Burn said:

I suspect that is what had happened to ours and resetting it involved sorting out the under bowl mechanism.
Mel

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Sounds like the usual blade mechanism failure. The blade , cheap plastic, has a small cog moulded on the underside . This is moved by the blade arm piece which operates when you move the open / close lever at the front of the toilet bowl.
The part is circa £6.00 and freely available. I carry two spares . They have rescued Woosies at previous meets!
Yet again a very poorly cheaply designed caravan product. Better materials would certainly help.
Also agree with the other posts. Do not force it or you will cause more expensive damage.
Which model of toilet have you?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Have to agree with the rest, I have never had any problem pulling out the toilet over many years, except on a couple of instances when the blade had not been fully shut.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I am wondering if the OP simply tried to pull it out via the orange handle rather than lifting the orange handle to unlatch it.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thingy said:
I am wondering if the OP simply tried to pull it out via the orange handle rather than lifting the orange handle to unlatch it.

Good point there Thingy, I have been caught out by that.

Dec 2, 2018
Visit site
Thank you for the advice, been back in the caravan and I checked the blade was shut ,but there seems to be another click after closing the blade, it seems to be a lot better.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts