toll roads

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
can anyone tell me what kind of price toll roads are in france and spain we are travelling from calais to tarragonna in spain august 05 any info would be very much appreciated thank you

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi. sharon if you go to www. mappy-road guide this will help you with the route and tell you what the tolls are for your chosen route all the best and happy christmass all

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Peter has pointed to one good site. another is www.viamichelin.com which will give you choice of routes and tolls. Not much to choose between them so try both.

In my experience, tolls in spain are so low as to be negligable, but you have to watch the French tolls particularly with a caravan (as opposed to a motor van) as the difference between Autoroute and RN can be several bottles of red.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

The problem with the diferent map sites is that they give the tolls for a solo car not for a towed outfit. This can upset your budget forecasting quite a bit. We have found that the central route down through France to be very good, mainly dual carriageway.We just use the toll roads to get around some of the lsrge towns easier.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

I have to agree with Clive, we always use the central route and avoid the tolls which is not hard to do and can be enjoyable, but you do have to use them to get around the big towns/cities. Going down the east side can cost as much as

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts