Touring Scotland

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
It's a wonderful place and in some respects the land that time forgot. We're fortunate to be able to go most years and we've toured most of the North and South Island - just by car.

We've also been 'caravaning' with them. We get to use the van and they stay in tents. The sites have been very good - a little busy but well maintained.
Hi Sam i will not be allowed to travel that far can do only 3-4hrs on a plane so i hope you have a great time my family who go bring plenty back for me to have a look at when we see each other.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I’m with Ray on the timing of travel. There is another factor not mentioned much , the dreaded Mozzie. We never do Scotland from June to end August. And if you must go in the peak periods take Avon Skin So Soft and plenty of Midge after bite treatments. The locally produced stuff at a fiver a small phial is brilliant, Bite Ease. Hope it’s still available.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I’m with Ray on the timing of travel. There is another factor not mentioned much , the dreaded Mozzie. We never do Scotland from June to end August. And if you must go in the peak periods take Avon Skin So Soft and plenty of Midge after bite treatments. The locally produced stuff at a fiver a small phial is brilliant, Bite Ease. Hope it’s still available.
Our last visit was to the Cairngorm area in early September 2017. The Mozzies were everywhere which was unusual on the eastern side at that time. Once we arrived on a nice site and had so many areas to choose from to pitch, as the rest of the visitors resembled a cowboy wagon circle out on the open grass area. An hour later we were moving to join them. 1C6457EF-E1F8-43BB-ACD4-61648CDE8FF0.jpeg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts