tow car remap

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi everyone my name is Dekka and I am a new member who drives a p38 Range Rover 2.5 year 2000 and now tow a 2013 Swift Challenger 580 SE.I have just received the November magazine and on looking in the talking tow car section there was a letter from a Tony Perry regarding ECU remaps.Well I have fitted a chip box to my Range Rover from a company called TDI and after fitting it myself which was very simple transformed my car into a rocket ship by increasing the Break Horse Power by a extra 36 and also increasing the torque.BUT the best thing about this is the pulling power for the caravan so on motorways say you want to overtake lorry's put your foot down and instant power great.So if anyone wants to improve there motor why not check out information on the internet you will not be dissapointedOh before I go on towing my caravan to Newport Caravans I got 22 MPG on motorways and on returning solo I got 32 MPG not bad for a 4x4 2.5 ton Range Rover although this does not reflect in normal running around town driving.Dekka

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
You could be right, thanks Clive.
It's difficult to be certain one way or the other so as a precaution I've edited the post to remove the name of the company.
There can be disadvantages in fitting tuning devices to cars without doing proper research, in some cases the life of the engine has been compromised according to previous forum comments.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
DEKKA said:
Hi everyone my name is Dekka and I am a new member who drives a p38 Range Rover 2.5 year 2000 and now tow a 2013 Swift Challenger 580 SE.I have just received the November magazine and on looking in the talking tow car section there was a letter from a Tony Perry regarding ECU remaps.Well I have fitted a chip box to my Range Rover from a company called TDI and after fitting it myself which was very simple transformed my car into a rocket ship by increasing the Break Horse Power by a extra 36 and also increasing the torque.BUT the best thing about this is the pulling power for the caravan so on motorways say you want to overtake lorry's put your foot down and instant power great.So if anyone wants to improve there motor why not check out information on the internet you will not be dissapointedOh before I go on towing my caravan to Newport Caravans I got 22 MPG on motorways and on returning solo I got 32 MPG not bad for a 4x4 2.5 ton Range Rover although this does not reflect in normal running around town driving.Dekka

Has your insurance company been made aware that the vehicle has been modified as thsi is a requirement of your policy?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts