Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
i have a golf tdi 130 bhp estate 2003 reg. great performance as you would expect pulling 1100kg but even with light crosswinds and cars overtaking the van is all over the place. i have towed for years chevettes astras vectras and carltons..now on first non vauxhall and not impressed. all the road tests for the golfs are with hatches and they seem to be ok but with much less rear overhang so has anyone any ideas. the arrogance of vw is beyond belief i would not waste another phone call in their direction. one thing.. the golf handbook says to load the ball if possible up to max 75kg, this i do..however the seat and skoda golfs both have 50 or 55kg noseweight limit. i havent tried the golf like this , maybe i should. despite breaking down..turbo failure whilst towing..at 6000miles i am reasonably happy with the car so any ideas would be appreciated thanks tony

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Check the tyre pressures of your Golf estate. For temporary use while towing, I would give the rear tyres a couple of psi over the normal maximum specified. That should improve the situation. Keep the noseweight to the 75kg maximum. Any reduction can only worsen the towing characteristics.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts