Towing question

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
I have a question, which may sound daft would welcome some advice or thoughts .....

When towing the van, is it preferable to keep the bathroom door closed or does it make no difference?

I know I should house all the screen and blinds etc but just wondered about the door. :unsure:

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
It does depend on if you want to see through the van? I guess you would have to secure it open to stop it banging. I always close mine as im not interested in whats happening behind me.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
MichaelE said:
It does depend on if you want to see through the van? I guess you would have to secure it open to stop it banging. I always close mine as im not interested in whats happening behind me.

now now dont get Ray Mears going :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

depends on wether it is a folding door or a solid one. mine was a solid one so kept it shut those hinges are not that strong.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Keefanmaxx

There is no right or wrong to the answer, but I do make a couple of observations. Whether its open or closed make sure it is secures so it doesn't move and bang around.

and secondly I've just realised that even if the door is open you're not likely to see anything as the window is going to be opaque anyway for privacy.

So on balance keep it shut.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
On our caravans it depended on the maker. Most have been designed to have the door shut when traveling but our Avondale was designed so the door fastened back in the open position. It had no see through possibility so it made no difference from any other point of view.
I doubt there is any useful seethrough on most caravans unless you have a high driving position. The only one we have had where it was useful was a Trophy whiich had very low windows, as far as I can remember the only other caravans that had this feature were Swifts but they dropped it probably about 1990.

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
The post above made us smile! :woohoo:

Thanks for the replies .... we do have a see through window in the back, but as there is no way to hold the door open, I'll close it when travelling. Sorted.

Keith and Maxine :cheer:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts