Towing with Chevrolet Captiva ltxi

May 17, 2009
Visit site
I have a Captiva 2.0LTXI and tow a 2008 Elddis Odyssey 544. I have been very pleased with the car but I have never seen anyone else towing with a Captiva. Does anyone else tow with the Captiva? I would like to know other people's comments/opinion of the car as they seem to be good value for money.

Thanks Alex

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site
i also have a captiva an irish import lt spec to be honest i,m a bit disappointed with the fuel consumption low 20s at best but it tows our burgundy brilliantly and it was very cheap, less than 13 grand brand new so i guess as the old adage goes you get what you pay for Dave.

Oct 6, 2008
Visit site
i tow with the antara the captivas sister.

i have the cdtis auto and think it is brill, infact i will go as far to say it is better than my previous car a land rover discovery td5 auto.

i agree the fuel consumption could be better but that said i get the same out of the 14 gallon tank as i did the 21 gallon tank in the disco so i am not complaining.

mat

Sep 15, 2009
Visit site
David,

Which Captiva have you got?

The consumption for the 2.0 litre diesels shouldn't be too bad.

The 2.4 petrol drinks it though and is really under powered.

Jimbo

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Alexelluk wrote:

I have a Captiva 2.0LTXI and tow a 2008 Elddis Odyssey 544. I have been very pleased with the car but I have never seen anyone else towing with a Captiva. Does anyone else tow with the Captiva? I would like to know other people's comments/opinion of the car as they seem to be good value for money⇦br/>

Maybe too late for opinions if you already have one -;)

However, we've had one for just over a year (2.0D 7 seat)and I've found it to be the best tow car I've ever had - the only problem with 1600kg's is not straying over the motorway limit.

Now done nearly 16,000 miles, tyres look good for at least another 4,000, no problems of any kind - well pleased.

Added some side steps (not the tubular bars) and a step on the back to assist the grand kids climbing in - which was described as 'That contraption' by a Motor home owner at the recent Lincoln show, who was pointing it out to his wife as the object on which he'd caught his leg while returning to his van from the previous evening's entertainment ;)

Obviously, the step means that we have a fixed towbar, and for anyone considering the Captiva, I can confirm that a fixed bar (even with a tow-step attached) doesn't affect the rear parking sensors.

Cost just over

May 17, 2009
Visit site
I cannot remember the price right now but I got my towball(detachable) fitted from a local caravan dealer and from what I remember I saved between

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts