transmanche ferries

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Dear Tracey,

TMF sail between Newhaven and Dieppe, with two boats. One is a Freight Ferry which does take passengers and the other one is a multi-user vessel. Both are crewed by Italians and the reputation isn't fantastic.

Their problem is people expect Cruise standards but don't want to pay for it. If you are looking to go the most direct way from a-b and it's via this route then look no further.

If you want a Costa Coffee or shops selling Timberland Clothing then you might want to look further along the coast . Functional is the best way to describe these boats.

If you have small children - avoid as the crossing is at least 4 hours !!

Kindest regards

Monkeys Husband

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Tracey we use them all the time and have never had any problems, yes they arn't BF or any of the other big operators but then they are not ripping you off as a captive audience. They do mainly carry freight but during the week theyre usually quiet but getting busier at weekends, people are waking up to the fact that theyre about 50% cheaper. There isnt a huge choice of food in the restaurant usually about 5 choices each of starter main and pudd but its good and cheap, expect to pay about 7/8 euros for 3 courses with a drink. The crew have always been ok with us and the shore staff more than helpful.Kids can get bored but there is tv's around the ship showing continuous videos and other bits and bobs. Also the coffe is real not rubbish from a machine and cheaper not like a certain other operator's The best bit is the price aug this year open return for Disco, Bailey oklahoma 3 pax cabin both legs----

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Tracey we use them all the time and have never had any problems, yes they arn't BF or any of the other big operators but then they are not ripping you off as a captive audience. They do mainly carry freight but during the week theyre usually quiet but getting busier at weekends, people are waking up to the fact that theyre about 50% cheaper. There isnt a huge choice of food in the restaurant usually about 5 choices each of starter main and pudd but its good and cheap, expect to pay about 7/8 euros for 3 courses with a drink. The crew have always been ok with us and the shore staff more than helpful.Kids can get bored but there is tv's around the ship showing continuous videos and other bits and bobs. Also the coffe is real not rubbish from a machine and cheaper not like a certain other operator's The best bit is the price aug this year open return for Disco, Bailey oklahoma 3 pax cabin both legs----

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Hello Tracy what a pity we miss you by 24 hrs both times we sail on the 11th and 28th, your going out on the older ship Dieppe and back in on the new ship the cote d'alabtre, which will probably be busy (bank holiday weekend) take your mobile with you if there is a delay they will ring you to let you know-its usually the tides in Dieppe. TM will let you stay on the dockside if you dont want to travel on on arrival, we usually do. Enjoy the trip if you want any directions or anything through Dieppe let me know if not enjoy your holiday regards Neil
Thanks again Neil, you've been brilliant. Where travelling on to Concarneau where we have been before although then we did dover-calais. Shame we miss you, but have a great holiday yourselves and thanks again for all the brilliant advice its been of great help as we were so unsure of the ferries with not hearing from much about them and only found out through searching for other ferry operators

Tracy~

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Hi again Neil, I have only just got round to booking the ferries and couldn't get on the return crossing we wanted and only one now available to us is 03.00 on the monday morning. Is there anywhere at the terminal we can park up for a few hours or so whilst waiting. If I had booked it originally when I got the prices we would be on the sunday evening crossing, Tracy ~

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tracy, theres a couple of places to park and wait, if you go into the terminal and have a word with the duty staff they'll probably open the gate and let you onto the quay waiting area, if not just to the right of the entrance gate is a waiting area 4 lanes I think more than enough room for car and outfit. Also if you take the 1st exit of the roundabout outside the gate drive up to the next roundabout theres a motorhome parking area-it's signposted and 'vans do use it, also a normal carpark that would be empty at that time. Off the 3rd exit of the roundabout is the beach road and sea wall there is usually a 10/12 motor homes etc parked there and its well lit and within view of the terminal. If you can change the sailing to later on the Monday I can give you the address of the site we stay at just outside Dieppe its very nice and reasonable. If you need any more info let me know-happy to help, if not happy hols Neil

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Forgot to say if your stuck or need a hand that day/night we'll be in Dieppe from about lunch time on the sunday (were travelling up from St Nazaire) till Monday evening. Neil

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Hi again, I tried every ferry untill the tuesday evening and they were all full, although they did suggest if we turn up for the 20.00 ferry on the sunday there maybe a cancellation, I will keep trying, thanks again for all the help you never no we may see you in dieppe Tracy ~

G

If you are not hell bent on travelling Dieppe to Newhaaven on the return, try booking 1 way trip outbound fromm Newhaven and the return from Calais or Dunkerque to Dover with Norfolk Line or P&O Oe Sea France. You make get a good deal. Try the online quotes it can work well at times.

You should be able to get 1 way on norfolk line for under

G

My Mrs has just said 1 way on Norfolk Line with car and caravan and 5 people is either

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts