Travel to France 1st Time

Apr 8, 2007
Visit site
I have posted one topic on this subject re my visit to Saumur and thanks to all those who have replied.

I forgot to ask about what is the basic requirements for travel to France i.e. insurance,medical,bulbs,triangles,tow ropes etc etc. all that good stuff that I should be thinking about but cant find it in one comprehensive check list.

I have spoken to a few people and everybody has a different take on the subject.

Looking to all you experts for some help.

Thanks, John

PS I tow with a Sorento Kia can you buy a spare bulb set or do I have to go to a Kia dealer?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
John, don't know about the Sorrento bulbs, but for all the rest see the Caravan Club Volume 1 Europe (France and Spain) and you will find all the answers. available to non members at a slightly increased price, but probably the best site guide there is, as the majority of reviews are written by "us" not "them"

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
John, don't know about the Sorrento bulbs, but for all the rest see the Caravan Club Volume 1 Europe (France and Spain) and you will find all the answers. available to non members at a slightly increased price, but probably the best site guide there is, as the majority of reviews are written by "us" not "them"
Brilliant Ray, as it saved me doing the advert!

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
I to have a Sorento and bought a spare bulb set from my dealer which was a lot cheaper than Halford/motorworld. Also dont forget your headlight deflectors.

Colin

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

There's been loads of threads on this in the past, but if you have Xenon or even some "projection" style head-lights, you won't be able to use dipped-beam deflectors.

All you need do is to flip the lever on the head-lights to select the symmetrical beam pattern, rather than the UK asymmetric pattern.

Robert

Sep 5, 2006
Visit site
Most insurance companies provide free europeen cover but ring them to check. Many don't bother with green cards as the wording is already on your uk certificate of insurance.

Take insurance/green card, logbook, warning triangle, spare bulb kit (just buy generic one from halfords as most cars use the same bulbs).

If you cant buy a beam converter for your car just use the levelling switch to set them at the lowest height although some cars have a lever under the bonnet behind the lights to change the dipping (check your handbook).

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Yes good point check your insurance,I have recently had my renewal fron a well known company whose head office is East Anglia and when I took it out last I was assured I has full European Cover,the renewal stated that it was third party only.I have now changed to another company and saved

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts