Travellers above the law.

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Chrissie

Thanks for your reply and your support, it is greatly appreciated. I'm sure we could chat over this for hours. Good and bad in all socieities - yes, urban myth - yes.

Oh by the way - keep away from people like me who have no morals!! LOL

Lisa xx

Sep 11, 2005
Visit site
Exactly where are all these beautifully kept clean sites, where the law-abiding, community-enhancing, tax-paying, self-funding, caravan-buying, car-insuring travelling community live?

Can't say I've ever come across any of them...

Sep 11, 2005
Visit site
Lisa

I so want to believe that it's all a myth about the stereotypical traveller and in reality, from my earliest memories of seeing travellers, I saw nothing but burned-out cars, rubbish and destruction wherever they'd been.

From a farming background, there was also a spate of burglaries everytime the travellers were in the area and it was a complete pain for us trying to make an honest living when these people came along, took what was not thiers and left...

I accept that scum exists in all societies but is there no willingness within the travelling community to encourage responsible social integration and responsibility? (Please don't simply blame the house-dwellers; there must be shared responsibility and I have no personal experience of travellers trying to contribute anything to our community).

B

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for your reply Brian

You are entitled to your opinions and I respect them. I suppose if our experiences are different then obviously, we will have different views.

There's nothing more I can add to this subject now.

Regards.

Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I was supprised to see some Irish Tinkers on a caravan site. They practicaly dragged me in to show me their 'vans, awnings and other equipment.

I was felt very welcome and had no problem with them being on the same site as me. They're a lot frendlier and more open minded than a lot of people on this web site.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Chrissie

Thanks for your reply and your support, it is greatly appreciated. I'm sure we could chat over this for hours. Good and bad in all socieities - yes, urban myth - yes.

Lisa xx
Lisa come to Screwwem Hall and be my chambermaid - I will teach you morals as long as you make nice Horlicks nudge nudge wink wink

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Chrissie

Lisa xx
Lord B

I'll be there at 10.30 am tomorrow. I fancy a change in career.

Lisa

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I was supprised to see some Irish Tinkers on a caravan site. They practicaly dragged me in to show me their 'vans, awnings and other equipment.

I was felt very welcome and had no problem with them being on the same site as me. They're a lot frendlier and more open minded than a lot of people on this web site.
Did they let you shower Stinky?

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Chrissie

Lisa xx
Forgot to say - that's providing I can get the handbrake off my caravan - please go to technical and help me out with a problem - I've had one reply I was just wondering if anyone else had any other suggestions.

Lisa.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Is that you stinky?

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tina

Agree 100%. The district we cover is extremely affluent (Kenneth Clarke's our MP). Despite this, there are pockets of extreme deprivation. I've been working on an alarming case recently which would break your heart. Got some good tales to tell you about the 'old money people' who live round here too!

Glad you enjoyed Henley - did golden boy turn up?

Lisa.
Not a sign, the site was quite full, no one presented themselves or seemed to jump out !!!! Mr K where you there????

Tina x

Apr 19, 2005
Visit site
I obviously hit a nerve with Lisa as she thinks it`s appropriate to mention " Morals " four times without dismissing that it`s perfectly acceptable to steal from the bereaved. How would you like it Lisa if it was one of your relatives???

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I take your point Mark - but we having had things pinched from us by people from "impeccable backgrounds" I prefer to trust my first impressions rather that anything else.

No disrespect - what happened to you was dispicable.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Mark

Sometimes when I visit my dad's grave, I find that someone has stolen the brass flower holders. A couple of times recently, I have placed beautiful flowers around the headstone only to visit a few days later to find that someone has taken them too. Upsetting, yes.

Does that answer your question Mark?

Lisa

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts