travelling to aberystwyth from south wales

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi everyone this is my first time on the forum as i am new to caravaning, i have been a camper for the last couple of years with my wife and 2 children that are aged 4 and 6.

Come a week friday we are going to aberystwyth for a week, and i have only ever towed a trailer, so towing a caravan is new to me, could any body reccomend a route for me prefferably without to many narrow lanes.

At the moment i did consider going up the A470 or to carmarthen on the M4, but once i get off the M4 i dont really know many roads from there.

Can any body advise, any advice will be much appreciated.

thanks

ian

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I drive around the mid wales area for royal mail in 7.5t trucks, if i was you i would use the A470 up to breacon, then on to Builth Wells your about 40 miles from Aber there then use the A44 at Llangurig.

I know the road up from Breacon to Llangurig is good only a few places where the road is a bit narrow mainly around Rhayader but once past there the only other narrow road is in ponterwyd just before you start to decend down to Aber.

Watch out for mobile speed cameras along the whole route, they are on the ball around there.

Have a good trip

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks very much lee, that route was my first choice, as i have drove from aber that way in my car a few years back and thought it werent a bad drive(quite scenic as well).It is just my caravan is stored in bridgend and on a map print out it was coming up 30/45 min quicker, but i was less familiar with the route.

We will also be leaving at about 6 in the morning so traffic should not be to much trouble either, and just take my time.

Thanks lee i think my mind is made up now.

ian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts