Travelling to Spain via Bairritz In Feb.

Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
We intend travelling from Biarritz via Pamplona & Zaragoza.

Is the road generally a good caravan route & can anyone recommend a good overnights near Pamplona & Zaragoza.

Appreciate any comments.

Jan 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi

The road isn't too bad, a bit twisty and does rise and fall quite a bit. We were there two years ago in February, without the van, and it was rather windy and quite wet at times.

My new site booh for Spain and portugal is in the post from Amazon so I'll do another posting re sites at the end of the week.

Enjoy

Jan 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Brian

Just been checking out www.alanrogers.com ; you should find all the info you need re sites there.

www.viamichelin.co.uk can give good info on a route you plan..have used it for several years now.

Cheers

Pat

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
I did that exact trip in a sports car and remember the roads were mainly good quality, mainly very quiet, exceedingly picturesque and as the other poster said winding and rising and falling.....and that was 20 years ago.

I would go there even with a large outfit.

We did need some french to communicate (no spanish then), although there are probably more english speakers now.

The Basque area is very under rated and the ETA threat has subsided - if it ever was much of a problem in their own region.

TRENDING THREADS