trier in germany

Aug 23, 2005
Visit site
hi everybody

i am thinking of going to the area around trier. has anybody stayed on any sites in this area that they would recomend. my wife and i will be going early june for 2 weeks. we will be going over through rotterdam from hull as we live in middlesbrough and this saves the journey down to dover. is the route to trier from rotterdam able to be done in one day. thanks in advance george

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
We only live 2 hours drive away from Trier and have stayed at Camp Alferweiher in Echternach which is just across the border in Luxemburg but only about 10 miles from Trier. I've heard of good reports about Landal Campings in Leiwen on the Moselle and Saarburg on the Saar River. They are both not much further from Trier, either. I would rate Rotterdam to Trier to be quite feasible in a day. We do Frankfurt to Ghent or Ostend quite often and that's about the same distance.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We stayed at Landal camping in Saarburg last Whit.

There had been a lot of rain in the previous weeks and there are no hard standings or any grass to speak of. Only mud and dirt.

It was that bad that we couldnt put the awning up.

The facilities were OK but if you are used to Caravan Club site pitches you will not be impressed.

There was however a very good Chinese buffet in Saarburg.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi George - its a few years since we visited Trier which is famous for its Roman Arch. from memory we stayed at a camp site bordering the moselle and on the oposite of the town centre.

We had a very memorable day on the boat from Trier to Cochem - wine,wine,wine the best whites I have ever had. look for mit pradikat and you can't go wrong. Ah wish those days would return!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We visited Trier whilst staying at Camping Kockelscheuer, Luxembourg, which is 2 1/2 miles south of Luxembourg city, a nice bus ride for a day out. Have a look at www.camp-kockelscheuer.lu - the animated frog is good value if nothing else. They gave us a discount on the site fee on production of an International Camping Card - can't remember how much though I think you would recover the cost of the card in a two week stay. We have used the D.F.D.S. overnight ferry from Newcastle, they do caravan free days - if you ask. The mileage to the ferry, 44.5 miles from Stockton to parking up on the car deck, the chance of a dinner and a decent nights sleep helps to offset the extra cost. Breakfast as you sail past the mouth of the Tees, Wear and Souter lighthouse helps take the sting out of the last day of the holiday. P.S. Last time I did the D.F.D.S. route was to take my football mad family to Eindhoven last May. The return journey was quiet and pensive . . . . .

Aug 23, 2005
Visit site
thank you everybody it gives me something to think about.

mike e i got a better deal of the caravan club to go through hull. i work for steve gibson at bulkhaul it was quiet at work after eindhoven as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts