TRUMA 3002 fire

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
I did post on here about our fire not working on gas, several people replied and I tried several of the replies but with no success. Today took it to repair shop and they showed me that the base plate had cracked, not rust as was suggested.I did ask whether it could be repaired but they said no. By lifting the plate the gas came on right away. The cost of replacing is very high, the part alone cost £75 plu all the bits and bobs.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Robert,

I can't seem to find your earlier post about the heater, was it on this forum?

I know the Truma products quite well, having worked with them for over 20 years, and I have to admit that I can't see how a cracked floor plate would stop the gas from operating unless the gas valve had dropped out of engagement. I'm not suggesting its safe to use it with cracked floor plate, and the heater should be repaired (incidentally floor plates used to be available as a spare through the dealer network)

What concerns me more is whey the plate has cracked, It suggests the floor of the caravan has been moving and stressing the plate. The floor should not be flexing that much.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Yes you are correct in that the valve had dropped because of the plate so when he lifted it the gas ignited.. Not aware of caravan floor soft but will check it.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Have now had look where the crack is . The plate has a cut out of the floor so there is nothing taking the weight when you press down on the control knob. The split is along side the safety valve and is about 4cm long. So as said before when you lift up the plate it all works. Going to get under when weather improves.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Have now been underneath but cannot get right to it as mover and axle is in the way. What is clear that a simple braket place in the right way would solve problem. I pushed the gas inlet up by hand which lifted the valve assembly up by 2cm.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
DO NOT DO THAT!

I'm sorry but I have to be blunt:-

For your safety and that of others who may use the caravan or be near by, do not attempt to modify or jury rig a repair to any gas appliance.

The proper solution is to have the damaged parts replaced by a competent fitter, and tested for proper and safe operation.

In the case you have described it seems there may be a fault with the floor, so that must be put right otherwise the same is likely to occur again with new heater parts fitted.

I am surprised the fitter that diagnosed the problem did not issue a prohibition notice on the appliance.

Remember you have to be a legally recognised fitter to carry out service or repairs to domestic gas appliances.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts