Truma Autofill 2009 Conqueror 630.

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
Hi all, hope someone can shed some light on just occurred problem. Noticed that on board pump and aquarol pump running for longer than usual, on investigation, even with the pump running, no water was entering the on board tank. Have had to manually fill the tank, everything else works as normal.
Thanks in anticipation
Steve.

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
Just managed to post under wrong heading, hope someone can help me with this problem. With pumps running, water in aquarol, no water is transfering to onboard tank. Everything else works as it should, but having to manually fill onboard tank.
Thanks in anticipation.
Steve.

Moderator Edit
I've moved it for you Steve.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This sounds like an air lock in the submersible pump.

To prevent airlocks, disconnect the pump from teh side of the caravan an then drop it into the aquarol, then reconnect the pump to the caravan

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for that, however, can confirm that the submersible is pumping with normal pressure, any other thoughts most welcome, don't really want to call a repair man for something that will probably turn out to be something minor.
Regards Steve.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Steve,

I'm not familiar withe there details of your system, but it seems logical there must be a change over valve somewhere on your system, do you not have the caravans instruction manual?

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
Hi ProfJohnl, thanks once again for your input, yes, I have the manual, doesn't help at all, on 2009 Conqueror, there isn't a manual change over valve, its all controlled by the software system, such that when the onboard tank gets down to half full, then the submersible cuts in to refill the tank. This has been working fine for the last two months, but has now stopped working. Seems to be a lot of back pressure to the ultraflow inlet. If I detach the submersible pump, and manually push the black rubber diaphragm, I get a jet of water ejected back from the filling socket.This does not seem right to me, bit don't really know much about these auto fil systems.

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
For everyone's information, now making headway with the problem, hidden behind the panel at the rear of the locker under the centre drawer unit is a solonoid! On removal, found an inbuilt filter, totally blocked. Cleaned and reassembled, electric cables reconnected and hey presto, the onboard tank now fills from the aquarol. Only question now, this solonoid gets so hot that it is difficult to touch. Can anyone shed any light on this, this does not seem right to me. Would appreciate any more input to this matter. Many thanks Steve.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Indythedog said:
On removal, found an inbuilt filter, totally blocked.

With site water initially coming from a domestic tap which must meet health regulations one wonders why filters become blocked. :eek:hmy: I wonder if it's been blocked by a carbon granule filter at the inlet point breaking down? We always remove the carbon granule input filters and leave them out, but do sterilize the system once or twice a year.

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
Thanks WoodlandsCamper, very possibly is the case, although the inlet has been changed as some point in the life of the van, changed to the compact inlet without filter. I suspect that it has been a problem for the previous owners (amazing how easy it is to tell if things have been removed or changed in the past). The solenoid has obviously been out before. Still just leaves the question as to whether the solenoid should be so hot.

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
Should also add, that I am not happy leaving the solenoid connected until I have a definitive answer, but a small matter to reconnect just to fill from the aquarol as and when required.
Steve.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts