Truma Ultrastore Heater element

Apr 4, 2024
Visit site
During travelling I think something knocked the switch for the Ultrastore water heater..... So when I plugged in it's fried the element, lesson learnt and I've already 3d printed a cover for the switch so it can't happen again. So long story short I need a new one.... But I can't find one that matches.... They all seem to be a two wire version where mine has one. Can anyone help with a part number?
PXL_20240410_144335435.MP.jpgPXL_20240410_144321890.MP.jpg

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Unfortunately, its not just the number of wires but the mounting plate may well be different, so sadly you do need to find a direct replacement element.

However apart from the cost of the gas, its very nearly as efficient to use gas to heat the water, especially if you selectively only turn it on about 30 to 45 Min before you need it, and turn it off afterwards.

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
That looks like the 450w element and is no longer produced, you might find one but they are around £900 + the only solution is to change the water tank to the 850w tank and fit the 850w element

Apr 4, 2024
Visit site
Unfortunately, its not just the number of wires but the mounting plate may well be different, so sadly you do need to find a direct replacement element.

However apart from the cost of the gas, its very nearly as efficient to use gas to heat the water, especially if you selectively only turn it on about 30 to 45 Min before you need it, and turn it off afterwards.
The gas no longer works now the element has burnt out.... I presumed it was something to do with the circuit for the ignition somewhere. It all worked beautifully before going on both gas and electric. All fuses on the caravan board are ok. Unless there's any inline fuses anywhere?

Apr 4, 2024
Visit site
That looks like the 450w element and is no longer produced, you might find one but they are around £900 + the only solution is to change the water tank to the 850w tank and fit the 850w element
I'll have to have a look.... Does the 450w have a built in thermostat? Depending on the mounting shape I can probably produce an adapter plate. But it's all getting a bit extreme...

Changing the water tank, would I be able to leave all gas and everything as it is?

** Just looked and replace tank, and they all say suitable for 450w or 850w(hopefully mine is too......)So potentially the issue would be the thermostats

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2024
Visit site
Wow crazy to think how expensive a new one of these actually is and yet people sell caravans for buttons with water heaters in them working - hmm anyone fancy opening a caravan scrap yard.

Good luck with fixing it though

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
I'll have to have a look.... Does the 450w have a built in thermostat? Depending on the mounting shape I can probably produce an adapter plate. But it's all getting a bit extreme...

Changing the water tank, would I be able to leave all gas and everything as it is?

** Just looked and replace tank, and they all say suitable for 450w or 850w(hopefully mine is too......)So potentially the issue would be the thermostats
The 850w tank has an extra pair of studs for the temperature sensor.
Gas side will stay the same as will water connections

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
The gas no longer works now the element has burnt out.... I presumed it was something to do with the circuit for the ignition somewhere. It all worked beautifully before going on both gas and electric. All fuses on the caravan board are ok. Unless there's any inline fuses anywhere?
The gas is totally separate, there is a glass fuse behind the triangle section where the 12v power and cable that goes back to the switch go in

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Its unusual for an electric element to fail and the gas to stop working at the same time. The systems are separately controlled, so that points to a more serious failure, and changing a tank to facilitates the electric element is unlikely to fix the gas as well.

The heater is at least 23 years old, it may be more prudent to consider replacing the entire heater .

TRENDING THREADS