truma ultrastore water heater and Bailey caravans

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
Anyone out there with problems with the above, we've got a brand new series 6 wyoming, purchased september 08 and within a few weeks the electric water heating element broke down and kept tripping out our van electrics, as we were in spain for the winter we couldn't get it fixed till we got home, got it fixed at service and lo and behold, 6 weeks later it has blown again, on our site loads of people with bailey vans have had this problem, anyone else out there? Bailey tell us its a Truma problem and we can get it fixed here but we will have to foot the call out charge ourselves, their not so customer friendly retail sales manager a Mr Turner eventually after asking him to respond to us in plain english rather than quote sections from the warranty documents, can we claim from anyone, either yourselves or the retailer, said no, we will have to pay ourselves, furthermore, we have had tons of faults with this van, the list goes on and on ....

tap in kitchen was leaking, we couldn't use the water supply until they sent us a replacement

TV's we are now on our 3rd

grill didn't light properly

hot water element, broken down again

the low energy lights are pretty low energy, they don't work waiting for replacements to be sent

the water pump leaks waiting for a replacement to be sent

the shower panels came away from the walls of the van and we couldn't use it we had to get the engineer out on our return and fix it at our storage depot

one of the external indicator lights fell off during towing for no reason, still waiting for a replacement to arrive

bolts were missing on the central table and TV consul

trims came loose and we had to have new adhesive sent out

fly screen to the helki roof light inadequate even their engineer said so when I showed to him, we got a new one sent but its in our garage at home!!!!

we are still waiting for truma Uk to reply to our latest e mail, and as for warranties I'm just glad I didn't waste my money on the 3 year extension which I did on my fist Bailey and then found out afterwards that the maximum coverage was for a thousand pounds only!!!!

Regardless of where we bought our caravan, it is meant to be towed and toured, one would therefore assume that the manufacturer or any other warranty should cover for the fact that you are probably in it when things go wrong meaning that you are nowhere near your home or retailer.

I am considering taking this issue up as under the Sale of Goods Act which is so often quoted this is a fact that seems to have been overlooked.

any feedback and comments will be greatfully appreciated.

sian

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sian, whilst I understand your frustrations I have to point out that the forum is not the place to try and get any resolution to your problems.

Your only course of action is directly with your supplying dealer, who is responsible to honour the warranty.

A direct approach to Kelly at Bailey may be helpful if your dealer is not doing what he should be.

If you decide to go the Sale of Goods and Services Acts route, for your own legal safety you must NOT publish any details on this or any other website, until after the problem has been resolved.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Sian,

I can sympathise with your position, and your issue with obtaining warranty service/repairs whilst the caravan is in use.

Your rights under the sale of Goods act only applies to the organisation with which you have a contract of sale, and legally you have no lien on any other person or company. However, most manufactures do offer a manufactures guarantee that should allow you to obtain certain services close to your location. This is subject to the manufacturers terms and conditions. But does not infringe on your statutory rights with your seller.

I can tell you that Truma who are a European wide company do have a service network, and your documentation for the Truma product should tell how to contact them and what they can do for you. It is worth remembering that the Sale of Goods Acts only applies to the UK, and may have no force in any other country so call out charges may be levied.

As for covering relocation costs, that is a tricky one. The SoGA is a piece of universal legislation and does not take into account the specific issues related to caravans and their usage. The seller is as I understand it only responsible to the initial purchaser at the address on the contract. If you then move the product away from that address, that is your responsibility, not the sellers.

As always legislation such as SoGA only represents the bare minimum requirement that all sellers have to provide. Some sellers may offer wider services, but that is on their own behest.

Damien's warning about publicising an on going claim is I think sensible. It would be a shame to undermine any case you may have, and of course it may also be unfair to the target of your complaint.

As always seek professional legal advice before pursuing any course of action.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sian

I have a S6 Wyoming new in November 2007.

Every new caravan I have ever had has had minor faults all of which have always been quickly and efficiently fixed by my dealer Chip Sodb.

I had problems with the TV which was fixed with a different bracket which changed the viewing angle. Basically the tv is cheap crap but it does work.

What's this three year extra warranty you were offered??

As the others say, I'd go back to your dealer and demand all the faults are fixed quickly once and for all. Hopefuly you will then be able to enjoy Spain.

Cheers

Alan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts