Truma Water Heater (external cover)

Aug 20, 2006
Visit site
Can anyone tell me why people remove the external water heater cover when running it on electric. I know the handbooks can sometimes be a little basic but I remember speaking to someone at Truma when we first had one on our last van and was told it only needs to be removed when running on Gas as obviously it is a flue for the fumes.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lee, what you have been told is quite right.

The cover on the Ultrastore water heater only needs to be removed if operating the heater on gas, in fact, it will not light on gas if the cover is not removed!

Why do people take it off when using electric,,,,,I have no idea.

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
If you use the gas and electric together you still need to remove the cover.

You might do this if you wanted the water to heat quicker at set up or whilst having showers.

I have not tried running the gas and electric together on my van but I know it is possible on some.

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
If you use the gas and electric together you still need to remove the cover.

You might do this if you wanted the water to heat quicker at set up or whilst having showers.

I have not tried running the gas and electric together on my van but I know it is possible on some.
No problem running on gas/electric but as soon as the gas goes to ignite it shows a red light meaning problems and the problem in this case is the cover still on.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just because the van is on electric hook up it doesn't mean that the gas water heater isn't being used on gas.

We use the electric water heater continuously via the built in thermostat but we also use the gas at the same time as electric when showering.

The cover is taken off on arrival but from a distance you can't judge if the heat source is gas or electic or both

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts